a really stupid but serious problem of BSNL...help please..

• Thread starter Thread starter dc9836
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,917

dc9836

ISP
BSNL broadband
i have been following IBF for around 2 weeks now and i can now seriously say that i havnt found the cure to my problem till now...
i have quite a few problems..

1-me and my best friend both use BSNL broadband with same data plans...our DP boxes are at the same point...he just lives next door..while he averages a speed of 120-130 kbps...i get only 55-60 kbps...when i said it to the technician..he couldnt give any insight to the problem....we both got our connection on the same day...and our speeds have been like this from the start..help..

2-we both heavily rely on torrents and our pcs run for days without getting any turn offs...for the last 10-12 days ihave been getting another serious problem...when i turn on the torrent the link light satrts to blink...and the connection gets rediald every 10 mins...i even brought my friends modem but the problem was same...i lodged a complaint to the BSNL they called after 3 days and said the problem was fixed...but it wasnt...help..

3-i have been searching the cure to this one for more than 3 years...in case of torrents i get a stable speed of 55-75 kbps...but my friend gets more than 200kbps...stabl...why is this so?? he doesnt have any seperate settings of any sort...we both have 3 extensions in our house...done in the same fashion..help..
here are my upload and download speed details from speedtest.net for the last 3 days done at the exact same time with no other internet based programs running..
today--------DL-0.52mbps UL-0.41mbps
yesterday----DL-0.98mbps UL-0.37mbps
03/03/12-----DL-1.53mbps UL-0.49mbps
help..

4-we both get huge lags while playing in garena or cs...why is this so??? i have heard other players from kolkata with the same data plns get better speed and less ping while playing...help..

please give step by step directions to any solution you give...treat me as a noob in this case..
i really want to get this fixed...
help..

----------

oh i forgot to say...i use the 750 unlimited plan...

i mean really...no replies?? damn man...that hurts man that really hurts..

bsnl being a sarkari company seems to have messed up either the wiring to your place or your connection settings in their backend.

if this is such a big hassle. i would suggest... discontinuing this connection and applying for a new one. (considering you are not being able to get bsnl people to help your cause).

----------

you might also try changing your connection to something else and then back to see if that resolves your problem.

the ul750 plan should give you 1mbps for the first 6GB and later on it should give you 512kbps. Is your friend on the same connection ?Are you on the older NIB1 (do you get IP's in the range 59.xx.xxx.xxx ) what about your friend ?How much have you downloaded so far ? Looks like you have used up your 6GB and now you are on 512kbps. The 1mbps-upto-6GB plan was introduced few months back. I am also on the same plan as you but I havent yet seen 1mbps speeds. (dont care for mere 6GB)

Let us look at the causes for such differences between your and your friend's connection(a) BSNL has set the speed profile incorrectly. They do it all the time.(b) The quality of wiring at both the places might be different. The performance levels of BSNL broadband is largely dependent upon the wires that connect you with the exchange and the internal wiring mechanism of your home. One additional rogue wiring or rust in the wiring is more than ample to ruin everything. Try to find out the connection parameters which can be seen via the modem web interface. Type 192.168.1.1 on the address bar and you might be able to see them (search here for the posts made by essbebe for additional information on how to access the same interface). Compare it with what your friend is seeing on his modem. That might explain why you are facing slow speeds.

1mbps???? well thats a looongshot...never seen...
6 gigs get done in around the first 3-4days...

----------

ok..ill do that...ill post some screenshots also...
suppose say that bsnl has set the speed profile incorrectly...then what do i do??? do i complain to them??

suppose say that bsnl has set the speed profile incorrectly...then what do i do??? do i complain to them??

Yes; don't you wish to enjoy the true speeds associated with the plan?

Emailing the NOC / data network officials who cater to your region will help. Try to meet the senior exchange officials in person. They will switch the ports and hopefully something good should come out of it.