question about splitter

LEARNBIKE

[OP]
Nov 26, 2011
I want to ask how can i put a splitter in the middle of bsnl phone line that comes from the tower in front of the house to my roof. I have an extra dsl modem that i want to use in a room on 1st floor . so i want to install the splitter in the middle of the wire .the question is splitter that i have requires rj45 port . i want to ask if there are simple splitters available that i can use means which just take the mire in them ,not the rj45 type but simple copper wire in them or should i just make a joint in the middle of thewire and take other wire to room through that joint .

acc1444

Regular
Regulars
Aug 2, 2008
I want to ask how can i put a splitter in the middle of bsnl phone line that comes from the tower in front of the house to my roof. I have an extra dsl modem that i want to use in a room on 1st floor . so i want to install the splitter in the middle of the wire .

the question is splitter that i have requires rj45 port . i want to ask if there are simple splitters available that i can use means which just take the mire in them ,not the rj45 type but simple copper wire in them or should i just make a joint in the middle of thewire and take other wire to room through that joint .

Make sure you split main cable in two cable one will be connected with broadband and another will be connected with telephone other wise you will have problem of frequent disconnection due to poor cable BSNL system. I experienced it. So, I advised. I do not know if they have solved that problem.
You can do one thing you can buy multiple cordless whose main device will be connected to BSNL wire while rest of cord less will work from main cordless. There is no need to connect each cordless with the link.

If you split cable in to more cable, it will give you poor performance.

LEARNBIKE

[OP]
Nov 26, 2011
Yeah making joint is giving me the problem of disconnection too, so is there a splitter available that takes main copper wire and i can take out 2 lines out of it. cuz i didnt find such splitter online ,the one i have or i found online takes rj45 socket wire (that u put in ur phone) and not direct main line wire.

shreeyashattal

Regular
Regulars
Oct 25, 2007
I have an extra dsl modem that i want to use in a room on 1st floor . so i want to install the splitter in the middle of the wire

Extra modem? U planning two modems on one line? Not possible.

Also you would need two usernames. Which aren't provided on one line. And usernames given on other lines won't work on your line.

It is rj11 wire. rj45 is bigger.

Yup only rj11 Ports possible. Aim is to direct Adsl to modem and reduce noise on phone line. Rj 45 splitters only split the signal. strongly suggest against any alteration to the main line. Cutting it will cause more attenuation. You might have to replace the whole line to eliminate joints then.

x720

Incoherent Poster
Regulars
Aug 14, 2011
Gurgaon | Mumbai
Provided the line n distributed properly, you can install n mumber of connections, but it'll take a hell lot of wiring to that.

shreeyashattal

Regular
Regulars
Oct 25, 2007
Provided the line n distributed properly, you can install n mumber of connections, but it'll take a hell lot of wiring to that.
yes, but port binding? SNR will drop crazy!

@LEARNBIKE not being negative.. but if u badly want to do this, u will need the following:
a non port bound username (from BSNL, which they are hesitant to give) + your regular username
increased speedcap (addition of both connection dataplans)
dedicate extra strength via BSNL dp to match the SNR

wiring.. main line>>normal non adsl two way rj11 splitter>> adsl splitter on both nodes leading to modem>>finally individual modems on each node

x720

Incoherent Poster
Regulars
Aug 14, 2011
Gurgaon | Mumbai
No no, I'm not suggesting using a different user name pw, he'll be better off getting a new line in that case. I'm talking connecting multiple modems with the same user name pw on a single line, has no effect on snr at all.

shreeyashattal

Regular
Regulars
Oct 25, 2007
No no, I'm not suggesting using a different user name pw, he'll be better off getting a new line in that case. I'm talking connecting multiple modems with the same user name pw on a single line, has no effect on snr at all.

i dont see a reason why to install multiple modem with same username? one modem should remain off whilst other is on.. else other doesn't receive link, just attempted. which is the same as having one. he should rather get a wifi router. i think we'd wait for him to specify his question first! :p

----------

Btw how does it show your isp name as BSNL in the speed test ?

I know! just noticed now. uptil now it would show NIB. try doing a speedtest, what does you'r show? Guess BSNL doesn't have it's backbone any more! :iconrofl: