25Mbps UNLIMITED FOR 1449Rs Looks Interesting

This thread will be locked as per what I expect. 😛

Flat-Rate on Fiber | Hayai

Looks Interesting to me. Is there any Fair Usage policy or is it fully Unlimited?

Also let me know the availibilty of the services.Thanks.

It is *NOT* unlimited, there is no such thing as unlimited. There is a Fair-Usage Policy.

Please view the FAQs on the website, specifically:
When will you expand to my city/town/village? | Hayai
Will Hayai expand to my city/town/village? | Hayai
Which cities and areas are covered right now? | Hayai
What is Flat-Rate? | Hayai
What is your fair usage policy? | Hayai
If I reach the Fair Usage Policy, will my speed be reduced? | Hayai

In order to try and mitigate abuse, Hayai has attached Fair Usage Policies to it's flat-rate plans which we think are quite fair - both to you, and to us. The best way to work out the FUP on a residential plan is to take the total price (including tax) and divide by 10.

So the FUP comes to around 145GB which ain't good enough for 1449bucks of rupees 🙁

So the FUP comes to around 145GB which ain't good enough for 1449bucks of rupees 🙁

Because the plan is actually 1449 + 550 (infrastructure), the FUP actually works out to be 200GB. Moreover, we do not reduce your speed if you surpass that, but we do expect fair play on our network, so if you plan on passing that amount regularly, this plan is not for you and you will be required to subscribe to a plan more suitable to your usage levels.

Compare that to Beam, for example - their FUP is much less and the price isn't too dissimilar.

Beam has 10mbps Unlimited with 2mbps after FUP at 1000bucks. In 2mbps I can download approx 20gb a day and also upload simultaneously that amount of data if the connection is kept on 24hours which comes to around 600GB per month and hayai giving 200GB for 2000bucks, so beam is way cheaper I think.
Because the plan is actually 1449 + 550 (infrastructure), the FUP actually works out to be 200GB. Moreover, we do not reduce your speed if you surpass that, but we do expect fair play on our network, so if you plan on passing that amount regularly, this plan is not for you and you will be required to subscribe to a plan more suitable to your usage levels.

Compare that to Beam, for example - their FUP is much less and the price isn't too dissimilar.

Beam has 10mbps Unlimited with 2mbps after FUP at 1000bucks. In 2mbps I can download approx 20gb a day and also upload simultaneously that amount of data if the connection is kept on 24hours which comes to around 600GB per month and hayai giving 200GB for 2000bucks, so beam is way cheaper I think.

I think you have not read the FAQs in full. On our connection you could download around 7.5TB in a month, as we do not reduce the speed. But saturating the line 24*7 is not the way broadband is designed to be used.

If you plan on downloading significantly more data than 200GB on a monthly basis, you are best off going with a higher plan anyway - we encourage users to buy a plan appropriate to their needs both for their benefit and for the good of the network.

As per my signature, a FUP is supposed to be fair to both the customer as well as the company - not to mention the other users whose Internet experience you would be negatively affecting. Otherwise, if you do want a 25mbit/s line of your own that you can happily saturate and never worry about FUPs and other such things, we, like Beam or any other ISP can sell you a leased line at the appropriate rates.

However, I believe that enough has been said on this topic in our own FUP thread.

I just wanted to say that 200GB fup for 25mbps unlimited at 1449+500 bucks is very less because at that high speed the fup will be utilized very quickly.Instead of disconnecting the line after FUP if the speed gets reduced to say 4-5mbps that will be a good option even 2mbps will be fine 🙂

----------

On our connection you could download around 7.5TB in a month

there is 200gb fup, how cum can we download that huge amount?

that is why you 'would' have the option to take a place where you can download as much as you can for 10-12 bucks per GB.you do not go to a restaurant and order one curry dish if there are four people sitting on the table. you do not complain that one curry dish is not enough for four people. you order the amount of dishes that is enough for four people. and that is why you do not buy a 200GB plan if you are going to consume more than 200GB.

I just wanted to say that 200GB fup for 25mbps unlimited at 1449+500 bucks is very less because at that high speed the fup will be utilized very quickly.Instead of disconnecting the line after FUP if the speed gets reduced to say 4-5mbps that will be a good option even 2mbps will be fine 🙂

there is 200gb fup, how cum can we download that huge amount?

You have to understand that there is a difference between use and ABuse. You *can* download 7.5TB on our connection, but that's not fair (not to the company or to the other users). Fair usage works both ways. As such, our definition of what fair-usage is stands at total price divided by 10 because it keeps everybody (except those planning to abuse the privilege) happy.

Yes, it's high speed. Yes, you *could* reach that kind of usage very quickly - if you are the kind of person who queues up 200GB of downloads, but as I have already mentioned, broadband is NOT supposed to be used in such a way that your line is saturated 24*7. Many people who have *had* high-speed Internet can probably attest that after a while, keeping up with such high usage becomes more of a chore due to organizational challenges or simply hard drive space and even lack of time to consume the content.

We do not expect the majority of users to exceed this amount on this plan, and as I have already mentioned to you, we do not reduce the speed once you hit that amount, but we tell people who are expecting to download say 400, 500, 600+GB per month that they should think about taking the plan appropriate to them (and if you're the kind of person who can afford to buy a new 2TB hard drive every month, perhaps you shouldn't be on the lowest plan we have to offer either).

Similarly to what Sushubh has said, you don't go to a restaurant and order just 1 dish for a family of 4, but you also do not go to an all-you-can-eat buffet and eat the entire smorgasbord, do you?

As for your suggestion to reduce the speeds after the FUP is hit, we decided against this for 2 reasons:
1. It's counter productive and bad for the network.
2. It doesn't actually mitigate usage by more than a few percentage points (and I have studies to prove it).

200GB is what we think is a reasonable FUP and judging by the pricing from other companies in India, I don't think we're wrong. If you want to download say 500GB a month, go for the 100mbit/s or higher plan.

Once again, please re-read the FAQs I linked to, as well as my previous posts.

but you also do not go to an all-you-can-eat buffet and eat the entire smorgasbord, do you?

right. that was what i was trying to say 😀

It does kinda work both ways, I think. If you have no money or want to not pay for certain conveniences (for us it's high speed, for a restaurant it's so that you don't have to cook the meal or clean the dishes), don't go to a restaurant... and if you do go to the restaurant, as you mentioned, you buy enough food to feed everyone at the table - you don't go and buy a half-plate of rice only.

mgcarley I have agreed to all those FUP terms and conditions. But somewhere the wheels at hayai installation are not moving despite the launch 4 months ago. I am tired of bugging you.

mgcarley I have agreed to all those FUP terms and conditions. But somewhere the wheels at hayai installation are not moving despite the launch 4 months ago. I am tired of bugging you.

As you know, we are not able to do installations in order of 1, 2, 3, 4... we have to do things in the way in which they are logistically possible.

that is why you 'would' have the option to take a place where you can download as much as you can for 10-12 bucks per GB.

with my present isp i am downloading 18-20GB everyday and uploading 10-12GB from link-removed,monthly transfer is above 600GB, and my per GB download cost comes to around 1.93Rs as I pay 1158Rs per month all total for that, so 10-12Rs per GB is a bit higher according to me