What's up with Airtel and their plans?

ISP
Airtel
Hello to everyone!I am new here so kindly forgive me for posting and dumb or stupid questions.Allthough i have been a lurker here for past many months..I have many questions brewing up in my mind..I have been an airtel user for last 3 years and i am on Rs 649 plan which is giving me 2mbps speed(apparently it was only 512 kbps 2 months ago,so they have quaderpled my speed 2 months ago).. and my FUP is 10 Gb's..It's really weird because on airtel site it shows that 649 plan has only 3gb's of FUP..Can you guys give me any logical reason for this?? Or anyone of you out there have experienced this yourself??

airtel might have multiple plans for the same value. they do that. they have rolled out so many plans in the last couple of years that it has become damn confusing.

or maybe you are on an older plan that is no longer available. or maybe their backend put you on a different plan but you are being charged for a different plan. or maybe the plan you are seeing on their website is not updated.

anything literally can happen with airtel these days. 😕

----------

oh wait. 649 plan is 3GB right. i have been on this plan for a month. if you look at the details... this plan would give you 2mbps till 10GB but you are charged for every MB after you cross the 3GB limit. make sure you are not on THIS plan because your bill would probably cross Rs. 2000 because they charge only till 10GB and after that FUP is implemented.

No,not really..Around 13 days ago i started using torrents(i am currently new to using torrents) and I was regularly checking my data usage thru smart byte link given in airtel site.I used 9 gb last month(it showed my fup is 10 gb),and i was only charged 649+taxes.I called their customer care and asked the same and he told me the same thing."u r on 2mbps..10 gb fup plan"..I might be one of those few lucky once..Infact my uncle has bsnl broadband which is giving only 512 kbps will 4 gb and 256kbps after that for rs 625+taxes..so in a way bsnl is way costlier then airtel..

well if airtel smartbytes show you 10GB as your FUP limit, i guess you are on a different plan 🙂 649 3mbps plan is literally a scam.

lol...i remember when we took our connection is 2009..it was 649 for just 256 kbps and then some where in 2010 we were upgraded to 512 kbps and then 2 months ago we were upgraded to 2 mbps..i hope next time they upgrade me to 4 mbps...649 3 mbps plan may still be applicable for new customer.

You see chromaniac is right here!I am from New Delhi using Airtel since 2009 and currently paying Rs. 649/- (plus taxes) for a 2mbps connection FUPed till 8 GB after which the speed drops to 256kbps.So, same monthly rent but different plan as compared to yours.

yes i am also getting the speed of 2mbps and with fup of 10gb few months ago they are giving 512kbps with 5gb limit but now they are giving 2mbps airtel is great with old customers keep there customer walk with time

I am on 499 Rent = 10gb fupdo make a disconnection call and get better plan from retention.

i have had enough on 999 unlimited with 10 gb cap which finishes in no time ...smart bytes is no less than a scam....gonna change to MTNL sooner than later...even if airtel increased fup limit to 512 kbps..id still stay but 256 with multiple pc's in the house is a joke..