Frequent disconnections from past 2 months

• Thread starter Thread starter vipulbpl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 1,752

vipulbpl

ISP
bsnl
I am suffering from frequent disconnections from past 2 months and bsnl ppl are pissed off at me because i call them daily(yes daily 😛) and the lineman has come over to house a number of times and changed the line/rectify the line but still i dont seem to find a solution 🙁, my stats for modem are too bad i think, what should i do now?

which modem are u using? adsl mode? broadband plan?

I am suffering from frequent disconnections from past 2 months and bsnl ppl are pissed off at me because i call them daily(yes daily 😛) and the lineman has come over to house a number of times and changed the line/rectify the line but still i dont seem to find a solution 🙁, my stats for modem are too bad i think, what should i do now?

Yes. BSNL quality of service has degraded since they revised plans and introduced higher speed plans. My line is in almost perfect condition still I face disconnection couple times a day. Mostly this is problem from DSLAM side.

Wow. those are great stats.
But, I am not talking about speeds or attenuation. My connection works superb but it faces downtime of 5 minutes or so in a day sometime, not everyday. I think this is more prominent after last plan revisions.

----------

not true! my line stats are good, i'm on the ULD1350 plan and i can still score these speeds!!
http://speedtest.net/result/1803467776.png

It's about matching your connection to your hardware.

downtime or no link would be your exchange and physical line issue, u should get a lineman to check your line pair parameters.

downtime or no link would be your exchange and physical line issue, u should get a lineman to check your line pair parameters.

Are you getting revised FUP on your plan in Aurangabad from 1st Feb ?

yes, im over 20GB and still getting good speeds.. but again could also be because of the rumor of not switching off your modem will delay your FUP stats.

yes, im over 20GB and still getting good speeds.. but again could also be because of the rumor of not switching off your modem will delay your FUP stats.

Hmm.. if thats the case then its good news... How come you are getting 6Mbps+ when plan mentions 4Mbps ?

ADSL2+, SNR: 44,21, attenuation: 11,9, but most of all speedcap set at 8000,1000but should warn you, raising the speedcap usually causes the SNR to decrease, hence unstable line, so you should be sure you have a very strong connection. I live very close to the exchange.