LCD or LED

hitman

Regulars
[OP]
May 10, 2005
New Delhi
I wanna purchase a new TV .. Since my room is not so big ( and not so small too :) ) so I am not sure if there is any difference in viewing a 32 inch LED and LCD TV ..There is a difference of almost 10k between LCD and LED of 32 inch ..So wht u guys suggest.. is it worth paying extra 10k for LED? is the picture quality quite good in LED as compared to LCD .. or is there a minor difference ..Will be using Tatasky HD box ..

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
Regulars
Dec 9, 2006
Delhi
No point. the LED's sold today are TV panels with LED backlights. Not LED's per se. that would be OLED's. Panels are picture quality is similar. the only advantages would be they would be slimmer and more power efficient. my suggestion is get a 37" normal LCD for the price of a 32" LED.

IndianMascot

Addicts
Regulars
Jun 17, 2011
No. Just the light that illuminates the panel consists of led's.

didn't got this. I think whole Panel consist of LEDs.

IndianMascot

Addicts
Regulars
Jun 17, 2011
^^Are you sure abt that cnet article. I mean is it trustable ?? Bcoz I had been feeling the backlight effect on my Bravia which I didn't felt on similar LG LED.

sachin_

Regulars
Jun 25, 2010
Faridabad
Go for 40 inch lcd tv.Toshiba will cost you for around 32-35k.The LED is all but a gimmick by manufacturers to extract more money from the consumers pocket.Some people says that LED TV's give better contrast (i.e. black will be looking more soothing, if you enjoy watching Dark Knight) but for the price variation in LCD versus LED this soothing effect won't be that much to consider for.The difference between the two technologies is because of the simple fact that that how the lcd will be backlit; in the case of lcd it will be backlit by CFLs and in case of LED LCDs it is backlit by LEDs.When the OLED will be availbel in the market yeah that will be a alltogether different scenario; because OLED doesnot require backlit it has its own luminescence.For now LCD is a good option for the pocket :)

hitman

Regulars
[OP]
May 10, 2005
New Delhi
I heard tht brands like Toshiba, sony etc don't play all format of video files via USB .. and they don't even support external HDD .. Only samsung supports all format .. Is it true?Should I look out for samsung only if tht's the case?

sachin_

Regulars
Jun 25, 2010
Faridabad
I heard tht brands like Toshiba, sony etc don't play all format of video files via USB .. and they don't even support external HDD .. Only samsung supports all format .. Is it true?
Should I look out for samsung only if tht's the case?

On the contrary I have heard that Toshiba TV's has largest format support. Last time I validated it had support for even MKVs.
In my opinion Toshiba TVS are value for the money.
If you are looking for any specific format support then you can visit the Toshiba's website and validate the specifications if it will be able to play your media library or not.