Nokia 808 PureView

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 188
  • Views Views 22,960
looks nice, a high end wp7 with awesome camera

I am hoping it is the Lumia 900 as the rumoured AT&T launch date is March

The OS is Symbian Belle; the engine is a 1.3GHz single-core chip; the display is 4-inches corner to corner but its resolution is a Nokia-style 360 x 640 (nHD). There's 512MB of RAM and 16GB of onboard storage that is thankfully expandable via microSD.

Now that Carl Zeiss-lensed camera: it handles continuous-focus 1080p, but is claimed to have an incredible resolution of over 41-megapixels when shooting stills -- or 34-megapixels for 16:9 images.

Nokia announces 808 PureView: Belle OS, 4-inch display, 41-megapixel camera(!) -- Engadget

i think the camera itself is just around 7-8 megapixels. rest is done using a software. this is just PR billshitgiri.

yeah the article states that they are doing it by using some algorithm but i still think the actual camera wud be around 12+mp. and then upscale it using algo by 3x. upscaling 8mp to 41 wud be difficult i think. considering its Nokia even a 12mp by them wud be miles ahead of the competition.

apparently u get boasting rights and a gigantic sized image. 🙂
upscaling (interpolation) is usually achieved by adding pixels to a image and coloring them based on the surrounding pixel color to increase the pixel count. u cud usually do that 3x-4x hence i assumed 12+mp camera.

----------

from what i have read and understood it indeed has a 41MP sensor. they are not upscaling, but instead downscale the image

Nokia announces PureView 808 with a 41 MP sensor - GSMArena.com news
Nokia 808 PureView
a 41mp sensor is not the same as a 41mp camera. since they are consolidating 7 pixels in 1 the image quality shud be fantastic. at first i actually thought they are using s/w to produce tht crazy numbers.