HTC One X

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 501
  • Views Views 43,243
Thanks to the fantastic fragmentation that Android has.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/the-sorry-state-of-android-hardware-fragmentation/19427

Actual Android developers will tell you that fragmentation is among the least of their worries. And fragmentation is everywhere; there are much much more varieties of desktops and laptops than Android phones. Yet almost all Windows and Linux software works fine for them.

----------

picplz works fine though. but it uses the native camera on the phone. i should try enabling native camera on the phone and try instagram. it does offer that option!

Your phone also has a virtualised camera? 😀

Twitter / Sushubh: @htc errm. i had some feed ...

😕 they did not bother respond to my second tweet.

Annoyances

Major UI annoyance.

Phone shows a menu bar at the bottom in apps which does not have the ICS style menu button (three vertical dots).

This takes a lot of space!

Funny enough it appears in some apps that have the three dot menu button and it also appear in Opera Mini which has its own settings button.

Another major annoyance

Take a screenshot and open it, there is no option to share it because the menu bar shows only Details option:

Open the same image through the photo gallery and all is well.

Another One!

This is by far the biggest annoyance...

Share button shows fixed apps in the quick menu. Native Android ICS would show your most frequently used apps instead. HTC has massively messed up this functionality. This alone is driving me nuts.

Seems like HTC has a lot of work to do in Sense 4! Maybe they will fix these issues in a software update.

Sushubh i find that not using the instagram camera app and using the native camera, is a better option. The shots really improve in quality.

i share stupid photos on instagram. and picplz. they are not the photos i would like for my mmm collection?

----------

Seems like HTC has a lot of work to do in Sense 4! Maybe they will fix these issues in a software update.

i am not even sure these are considered as bugs by other people. for me they are major nuisances.

i am looking for a way to send these as feedback to htc. cannot find the proper channel.

battery life is not spectacular. though i should be able to survive with moderate usage.

Congratulations on getting HTC One X in your hands so early.Thank you so much for sharing your annoyances too with us Shushubh.I find the menu bar at the bottom to be the most annoying even though i don't have the mobile phone.Reviewers won't cover these kind of details and just praise the mobile phone.Do you find applications taking advantage of the large screen and high resolution?

ah well. i have used stock android ics for a couple of months so i can tell the issues i am facing with the htc customizations. as for larger screen. using the software keyboard is much better as i can see more lines in an instant messenger. browsing twitter is also easier. have not use the device much. i probably would not till i can get a good case for it. it is too thin to be used comfortably with one hand. need a rubber case for the grip. do not get it with the craze for the thin devices. i mean if the device was a couple of millimeter thicker and offered a larger battery, it would have been easier to grip and well there are other benefits. i have also not play any of the games except for one named tether that came preloaded. i guess gaming should be a much better experience. another annoyance is that the sliding between photos in gallery is not very fast. looks like by design. sliding through the twitter app is also very slow. not sure if that is for real or i am soft on the phone with my fingers 😀

YouTube app has the three dot thing at the bottom even though it has it at the top right. Insanity.

----------

Wi-Fi does not stay on in sleep mode even though the setting is on!

great. noticed some disturbing lines on one corner of the display. similar to what i was getting on my Dell lcd. played a youtube video and the entire corner of the phone was garbage distortion. got too worried to record a video of the problem. rebooted the phone. could not duplicate the issue. i wonder if this is going to become my next pain in the ass problem to deal with. htc customer support is not very customer friendly from what i have heard.