Reliance Freedom 999 plan details Required ..!

• Thread starter Thread starter SASHA007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 8,368
Status
Not open for further replies.

SASHA007

ISP
Airtel
ust had a few questions about this new plan that Reliance offers @ 999 , 12MBPS till 25 GB thereafter 1 MBPS . Can someone who has this plan please shed some light on these queries :1. Considering the fact that this plan is offered on Metro Ethernet rather than ADSL , does the line directly hook in to your pc or through a modem .?2. How much are the actual download speeds in KBPS especially on torrents and on direct file sharing .? Because 12mbps is very fast but we don't practically get such speeds . 3. How does reliance login system work .? Do we have to log in every time manually .? And does it auto disconnect after some time .? :OI'm currenly using Airtel BB and it is an always on connection with no hassle of logging in 4. Can this connection be used as Wi-fi with a Wi-fi router .?I've my Wi-fi enabled phones and my laptop so can i use them thru Wi-fi as well .?Can i share my connection on all devices simultaneously .? And do we need to log in from each device separately .?5. How is the service and cust care of Reliance . Do they offer good ping as well .?6. Does Reliance offers this plan on trial basis for testing also .? And what do we need to pay initially in total for getting installed and will we get a modem .?7. Does this plan (through Metro ethernet) has Static OR Dynamic IP .? Will appreciate if you reply to all my questions , that would help a lot ... 😀Thanks . 🙂

This makes us two!

1) They will connect your PC directly to the network without any additional modem.

2) Expect the speeds to range in between 8 - 10 Mbps on most of the hours.

3) There is a private portal (www.reliancebroadband.co.in) which is used to authenticate your ID. Yes, you have to login every time. Regarding the disconnection part - they have diverse policies across the country. Some subscribers are experiencing auto-disconnections every six hours while the others are not.

4) You will require some level of technical expertise to share the connection among multiple PC. Please do not expect it to run out-of-the-box like BSNL or Airtel DSL connections. In fact, the very fact that this forum as well as the others are filled with queries such as "how to share my reliance broadband connection" is the testimony that the process is not exactly a walk in the park. The same stands for using third-party DNS services with Reliance.

5) Customer care is shoddy. Takes days to fix an issue with your broadband connection. The agents have certain preset dialogues for every problem you might have. For instance, if you are unable to share the connection and if you call them, they will instruct you to clear the cache / run ipconfig/flushdns etc (ie they will offer technical advice which hardly touches the issue at hand).

6) No trial testing. Pay 600/- as the installation charge. If free ports are available, they will give you a connection. If not, they will ignore your connection request.

7) If the connection is provided through ADSL lines (which is highly unlikely), then the IP will be static due to the MER encapsulation. Else, it will be dynamic IP (if the plan is offered via metro-ethernet network).

Is the upload speed equal to downloads if the connection is offered on Metro Ethernet ( I heard they also give ADSL in areas where ME is not available)

They used to give the plan via the conventional ADSL lines initially. Right now, due to feasibility issues they are restricting the applications only from the subscribers who are located in their metro-ethernet regions. Of course, in some states, they give the plan blindly without considering any aspects. And as usual, the end-user will have to suffer for their ISP's unprofessional behavior.

7) If the connection is provided through ADSL lines (which is highly unlikely), then the IP will be static due to the MER encapsulation. Else, it will be dynamic IP (if the plan is offered via metro-ethernet network).
Mine is ADSL. So you're saying that if I opt for this tariff plan, I'll get a static IP for free? :tongue_2:

Mine is ADSL. So you're saying that if I opt for this tariff plan, I'll get a static IP for free? :tongue_2:

I am already getting static IP for free from my Reliance ADSL BB. 123.236.65.xx the xx value never changes, in fact, it has been the same ever since I got this connection (approximately one month back).

With 1 mbps i get 440 mb approx in an hr. So with 12 mbps (440x12) i could download 5280 mb per hr.OMG!!!Then my 12 mbps would be gone in just 5 hrs(25 GB) and i will be back to 1 mbps in no time. This plan is definitely not for me...:smiley-bounce0:

^^ Which is why you have the option to select Night Zoom 999 plan. Consistent speeds throughout the month regardless of how much you download. Many fall for the 12Mbps gimmick because of their inherent inability to comprehend the reality.

^^ Which is why you have the option to select Night Zoom 999 plan. Consistent speeds throughout the month regardless of how much you download. Many fall for the 12Mbps gimmick because of their inherent inability to comprehend the reality.
Well said..right now night zoom 999 is the best value for money plan available with reliance. Is freedom 999 & Night zoom 999 are advance rental plans??

So....The Reliance Broadband Night zoom 999 plan will get me an ADSL Router and with that I can connect and use the Reliance Broadband on multiple PCs?I was made aware via India Broadband Forum that Reliance doesn't provide a WiFi Router. If I buy one, with it can I use the Reliance Broadband with WiFi enabled devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.