socrates

I got banned!
ISP
Jio Fiber. FTTH
A friend suggested this s/w to me today 🙂
What TrueCaller is

TrueCaller offers a Caller ID app for your Android, iPhone, Symbian and Windows Phone device, for FREE!
It enables you to match phone numbers to names, addresses, social networks, and even pictures!

The application automatically engages when you make or receive a call to a phone number that s not already in your address book. By searching online for that number TrueCaller can identify information associated to the number.
Within seconds, TrueCaller displays public information , such as the other party s name, address, region, and country.
If available, even the callers picture and/or most recent status messages from Facebook or Linkedin will be displayed.

TrueCaller will flag known spam callers for you--and you can add to the spam caller list at the touch of a button, should you have the misfortune of discovering new ones.

The enhanced search feature will return name of prepaid phone cards and unlisted phone numbers, as well.

Get TrueCaller for free by visiting truecaller.com from your phone s browser.

TrueCaller - Caller ID for your mobile with TrueCaller

this kind of s/w doesn't work with numbers outside usa from wht i knw.

You are mistaken bro. It helps me a lot specially when Reliance, Vodafone Telecalling agency calls, I am well known about them before I pick up the call. 😀

Have tried this earlier, but discontinued later as it works only on 3G and WiFi, and it is not possible to have either of them available always - particularly when on the move. Otherwise, it is pretty decent since it builds the database over time, and is particularly known to identify the various marketing spammers

You are mistaken bro. It helps me a lot specially when Reliance, Vodafone Telecalling agency calls, I am well known about them before I pick up the call. 😀
i tried other ones liek this. all they tell me is tht the number originated from xyz telecom circle etc but not the name of the calling party. does this display the name too??

i tried other ones liek this. all they tell me is tht the number originated from xyz telecom circle etc but not the name of the calling party. does this display the name too??

When I tried it yesterday it told me that the name would be displayed after I download the app. 🙁

Not contributed per se, but more like it has access to your contacts and asks you once if it can use it for 'better experience'

Making your mobile phone socially-aware
Another similar app. Works without 3G, and also consumes less memory (RAM). It can also block unknown numbers if we add that number to block list after receiving call once from that number.

I used Truecaller and Sociallyapp. Both display circle of incoming numbers (but may not work with 7 and 8 series mobile numbers, and also not work correctly with MNP numbers). It also detects land line incoming call location very well.