Tata Sky VOD and MTNL Triband configuration help needed

• Thread starter Thread starter h4voc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 6,594
Since your ethernet is connected and connectivity status is 'failed', I think your STB is getting the default IP starting 169.. Verify if your STB is getting an IP from your DHCP range 192.168.1.*. If your STB was receiving the default IP, then you may want to turn on logging in your router (if that option is available) to see what happens when your STB tries to connect.

If this happens in a PC, you can go to network settings and manually assign an IP to bring your device in to your network. Unfortunately,the STB doesn't provide this option.

In your router, you can try assigning a pre-defined IP say 192.168.1.100 to your STB using its MAC id. I normally pre-assign IP within my DHCP range to all known devices in my LAN - for both ethernet and wifi adapters.

If the option exists, bring another router (from a friend may be) and test the connection.

If nothing works, you may have to ask Tata Sky to change your STB.

I am clueless now. Made TATA SKY change the STB , downloaded the new firmware to the new STB. Still the same problem 🙁.

Check if the Gateway assigned in the router is same in the STB.

Guys my VOD is working now. The lan wire was re crimped. Thanks all for your help.

The problem was with the wire? :S Didn't you mention that it was working fine with the other machines?

The problem was with the wire? :S Didn't you mention that it was working fine with the other machines?

Yup it was working fine. The Tata Sky guys and mtnl guys had checked it too by connecting to my laptop, their laptop, my pc and.... it was working..... I am puzzled why it worked after re crimping.. but its working now. and so the saga of escalations and stuff ends with the simple action of recrimping the wire.

I have similar issue. The setup i have is BSNL ADSL broadband MT841 modem in PPPOE mode. I just switch on the modem and browse in my computer, as the user name and password are saved in modem. I tried several ethernet cables with Tata Sky box and modem still no use. I get " System error. Your request could not be processed(1) " as the error message when i click on video on demand option in tata sky box. Tata sky box is setup in DHCP and when i select "test ip settings" in "ip settings" option in tatasky i get success. where as when i "test connection" under "Ip Diagnostics" i get "Ip connection failed" message. Also under"Ip diagnostics" i see: the IP address as 192.168.1.3, subnet mask 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.1.1 ethernet status connectedip connection status successdhcp server 192.168.1.1dns server 192.168.1.1but SI multicast, EMM multicast, and Tuned service Multicast are mentioned as Not Available.Tata sky engineers visited thrice, first changed cable and then changed my set top box to new, but still no use. I changed my MT841 modem to UTSTARCOM WA3002G4 and still same error message i get. But i have no problem connecting to the internet with any of my other devices wired or wirlessley. I am lost here as i tried my best to google around for solutions. Please Help!