• Thread starter Thread starter techtata
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 885

techtata

Regular
ISP
Tata Indicom
Hi, I have used MS Office 2007 so far but not seen the latest version ie MS Office 2010 yet. But what I have seen on the net, it looks to me that both the versions have a very similar design (user interface) in terms of menus for the majors apps such as Word, Power Point, Excel and Access. Am I right here? Then learning the new version should not be a problem. Thanks.

Office 2010 has a ribbon based user interface which is very different from the UI on earlier versions. But it is not hard to get used to.

Office 2010 and 2007 are similar in their look and feel. I for one am old school and find the ribbon irritating, however since I work mostly through keyboard shortcuts, it doesn't hamper my work 80% of the times.

Wait for newer Office version..UI is overhauled and Ribbon is gone, as I read in Google News some where.

ribbon is not gone in the next office edition. it has just been metrofied.

Opposed to Office 2007, a new concept called Backstage has been introduced in the UI of Office 2010. The circular orb from 2007 has been replaced by a backstage button. Rest most of the stuff is same or moved around a little bit for freshness.

Opposed to Office 2007, a new concept called Backstage has been introduced in the UI of Office 2010. The circular orb from 2007 has been replaced by a backstage button. Rest most of the stuff is same or moved around a little bit for freshness.

Thanks a lot guys, really good replies.