Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos, Galaxy Y Duos, Galaxy Y Pro Duos

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 4,659
That's right. Sygic uses MMI maps and so is pretty good in terms of detailing. What I have a problem with is the routing. The thing is mad. Completely mad. And once on a long journey (> 45 mins), my crazy phone just shutdown because it had become too hot due to continued usage. Thankfully, I never trusted it in the first place and so had my Nokia running simultaneously. Coming to while it was running, for some weird reason, Sygic kept suggesting me routes with the first viable turn instead of looking for shorter alternatives on similar roads.

here is my experience. waze heats up the phone very fast. and consumes battery faster than car charger can charge the phone. so it is sort of annoying to use on long distances. google maps is fine if there is someone with you to look on the phone regularly to see where you are going and where you should go. battery consumption is much better. phone does not heat up much. i used mapmyindia in friend's xuv500. it was pretty accurate when we went to pandara road in delhi. even had details on lanes in colonies. was rather impressive.

My initial plan was buying the mapmyindia device. But its performance was laggy and the cost was also around 9K. My thought was why buy that when you can buy a phone with maps. i think ill go for online navigation then. Now Andriod+ a free 3rd party app + navigation + online mode. This is possible and pretty good, right?