• Thread starter Thread starter techtata
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,242

techtata

Regular
ISP
Tata Indicom
Hi Friends, I want to gift a 16 GB USB pen drive to a friend, but I am not sure which one to go for? Which brand should I go for considering that I live in Mumbai as of now and I should be able to visit the company repair centre and replace the same if required? SanDisk, Kingston, Transcend? Please note that I am not doing any kind of survey by posting this thread. This for my own use only. Please let me know if you have had to replace a pen drive due to some problems and whether you were able to do successfully. A friend of mine was able to replace a pen drive from iBall's Andheri centre recently. Thanks. Thanks.

i personally would recommend transcend.

would depend upon model to model. transcend has a usb 3 pen drive available at great prices in the indian market. flipkart has it on sale. i have the 16GB model and the transfer rates are good. if you have a usb3 port on your computer, speeds would be much much better.

One can't get better speed evn if he has USB 3.0 ports in his\her mobo. To get the best result, the pendrive or device you connect also should have USB 3.0 compatibility. Also you won't see a great speed boost between SATA HDDs. Ex: If you 're copying Datas from SATA internal to SATA external (portable) with both have USB 3.0 compatibility. You will just get twice faster speed than USB 2.0. Say 60 - 70 MBps. Because with USB 2.0 the hdd speed is bottleneck. But with USB 3.0 in both ends you will get the full speed of SATA HDDs. If you want a super copying speed (10 times faster than USB 2.0) you need to have ssd hdds in both ends with USB 3.0 compatibility ...

There are different models in Transcend also, but in general I am impressed with their speeds. I have a very old USB 2.0 drive which writes at 7.5 mBps, and there are drives from Transcend which write at 14 mBps also. On the other hand, SanDisk drives have been largely on the slower side.