Net4India has shut down

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 16,369
Another one!

it was 10% net4domains, 90% my webhosting headaches. now we are on a semi-dedicated hosting...

We had to buy a domain www.sat-india.net. We went to net4india and bought the domain using our cyber wallet. The backend processed the order successfully (or so we were told). The money was deducted from our account. Everything seemed to be just fine.

Even on the next day, the domain did not get activated. We checked and found it was still freely available in the market. We tried to book the domain again from net4india. It showed that the domain was still available! The same domain we had already booked and paid for 24hours earlier.

I went to my GoDaddy account and bought the domain easily and the site was activated in 45 minutes flat. The backend of net4india still shows that we have paid for the domain and it is under our control.

How sad can a mismanaged backend get? The company now says that we delayed in processing the order hence it was bought by a third party. And this happened after we had actually paid for the domain!

Excellent work Net4India. GoDaddy? Here I come...

99% of the domains gets registered instantly , though it takes some 24hrs. to get reflected globally and this is according to the international norms and standards , The delay if so happens is usually becuase when the customre makes a payement through Cheque / DD and he couriers the same , it takes almost 2 -3 days to recieve the cheque and 3 days for clearing as a consequence the registration takes place after alomst 6-7 days , If you talk about any international player than never give this as the option of payment ,they take money through Credit card and since they realise the payment instantly the domain gets registeerd and reflected in 24hrs.Though we also provide Credit card as the payment option but some 45% of population instead prefers to go for Cheque / DD and just to ensure that we are flexible if it comes to payment mode , we entertain cheque / DD as well and thus it gets delayed

all of my purchases to net4india have been through credit card. and trust me, the problems are worse when it comes to net4india. these people are simply incompetant.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Aug 9 2005, 11:39 AM
all of my purchases to net4india have been through credit card. and trust me, the problems are worse when it comes to net4india. these people are simply incompetant.
[snapback]20477[/snapback]
[/quote]

incompetent in what manner ?

excuse me... did not u read the first post? it was one of the 100 bad experiences with the site. trust me, if i have to change the nameserver of a domain on net4domains, i faces some of the following problems:1. i wont be sure if net4india site would be up or not.2. i wont be sure if the login system would work or not.3. even if i manage to login, whether the backend would let me change the nameserver of a domain.4. even if i manage to do it, i am not sure whether the request would be processed or not.i have seen domain names taking a week to get their name servers changed, i have seen payments made without domain getting purchased. i have seen the aweful payment gateway which is more likely to get stuck in between. i have left net4domains for good. i have no reasons to go back. this forum is my domain to tell my bad experiences. i do not have to justify what 100 other people have told me on mail and messengers about net4india. it sucks. and that is the truth.

Sushubh, I recommend registering at namecheap.com. It's actually pretty darn cheap I must say, I only paid 2.88 dollars for a .info domain. That is good.

Originally posted by Ryan@Sep 1 2005, 03:04 PM
Sushubh, I recommend registering at namecheap.com. It's actually pretty darn cheap I must say, I only paid 2.88 dollars for a .info domain. That is good.
[snapback]23793[/snapback]
[/quote]

am happy with GoDaddy...