Which one gives satisfactory Broadband service in Bangalore?

byte consumer

ISP
Tata Docomo 3G
Hello Fellow Forum Members,This is my first post in this forum and I am here because reading this forum has influenced my decision of selecting broadband service provider. I am sure, I will learn a lot here 🙂Currently I have Tata Docomo 3G stick. I am using it for around 8 months now and it is just like any other product from Tata stable - substandard.Now, I guess, I am tired of using it (and any other TATA product) and running out of patience and hence looking to try other service providers.I saw adverts of ACT broadband in TOI. I was considering it until I searched for reviews and found this forum; and that changed my mind completely - now I am not even thinking about giving them a try.I am looking for decent speeds (2mbps+, preferably 4mbps+) with around 25+GB/month of data transfer plan from a service provider who has an effective process for addressing customer issues - basically, I do not like to go with a service provider with whom I have to followup multiple times for complaints. Wired or Wireless, either service will do good for me as long as not many followups are required on complaints.I guess, an Ideal service provider does not exist but which one is best among worst in Bangalore? I am sure I will find my answer on this forum 🙂

Well i never thought i'll say this . .but why not Airtel? your requirements are pretty low 2~4mbps with 25GB and decent customer care. But their plans are a little bit on the high side and not to mention crappy post FUP speeds (256kbps)they have a plan 2mbps till 30GB- 256kbps after FUP for 1299 .

Thanks for the reply.Airtel is ruled out as I had issues with them over my GSM connection. I discontinued and will never to back to them.I do not have lots of data transfer requirements (25GB-30GB per month) but higher speeds I prefer (4Mbps to 10Mbps). 2Mpbps is as low as I can work with provided there is a good customer service to compensate for lower speeds. I know, poor Airtel customer representatives listen to customers and face all their anger and frustration. Whether issue gets resolved or not, that's another matter.

BSNL is quite good, unless they are plain lazy in your area. The 1350 plan gives you 30GB of data at 4mbps followed by 512k post fup. Most issues with bsnl can be resolved by emailing the NOC, if necessary.ACT does seem decent though, from what I've read, I wonder why don't want to go with them.

Thanks for the reply.

Airtel is ruled out as I had issues with them over my GSM connection. I discontinued and will never to back to them.

I do not have lots of data transfer requirements (25GB-30GB per month) but higher speeds I prefer (4Mbps to 10Mbps). 2Mpbps is as low as I can work with provided there is a good customer service to compensate for lower speeds. I know, poor Airtel customer representatives listen to customers and face all their anger and frustration. Whether issue gets resolved or not, that's another matter.

In a world of blinds..an one eyed man is the king..Airtel it is..go for it..it suits u

Update:

I went through list of all service providers having pan India license for broadband service. I selected You Broadband after experiencing their free WiFi service at Mumbai airport.

Now I am using You Broadband for more than a month. In first 2 weeks I had little issues with disconnections, complete outage of service and slow speeds (around 512Kbps). I registered calls with them for all these issues. With 1 or 2 follow ups, issues were getting addressed. One thing I liked was that I was being given realistic ETAs. Some of the problems, which I faced, can be attributed to BBMP workers. We know how they work 🙂

For two weeks now, I am really happy with the kind of speed I am getting. All above issues I haven't faced in these two weeks. Following is the speed that I get -
https://www.speedtest.net

I hope I continue to enjoy the service for which I have paid.

P.S. My plan is HURRICANE YOU 12Mbps (80 GB) plan and I plan to stay with them as long as I get this service, which I am getting for last two weeks.