MTNL Mumbai charged modem rent for UL plan?

• Thread starter Thread starter viralbug
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,417

viralbug

tR0ll bUg
ISP
MTNL Triband 1333 2mbps night 1mbps day
Hey guys,A few people on another forum complained of this and the same has happened to me as well for this month's bill.I'm on the 1333 UL plan and they have charged me a monthly rent for MTNL modem, that too 150 bucks! 😛issed-off: I think they have introduced modem rent for other UL plans I think, but have they done the same for these plans as well? AFAIK there was no charge for modem on 888 and 1333 plans.Anyways, if I want to return the MTNL modem, what do I have to do? Do I just take the modem and adapter and return it to nearest MTNL exchange?

hey they charged me 233 modem rent !!! WTF !

Where is the forum thread where other members are discussing similar billing issues?

Ok 888 UL user here and my bill came in today. The modem rental charge is 150. Why?Hope they are not recovering last 3 month chargesTo return the modem, write an letter stating Application of ADSL modem surrender.Submit it along with the modem and adapter at nearest MTNL CSC, for me it's Prabhadevi telephone exchange. Hope for the best.

When you make your application for returning the CPE make it in triplicate (yes, I kid you not). In Prabhadevi you will be asked to take the CPE to the ‘Storehouse’ (it’s located in what they call barracks) where one copy will be taken (remember to get the other two copies stamped) then you come to the QCS where you hand over one copy (again remember to get the remaining copy stamped, it’s your copy). This used to be the procedure before; it could have changed by now.

I think they started charging monthly rent for UL plans from November. That is when they had introduced some new plans and had special night timings for a couple of months.Also counting November, December and January, that makes it 3 months and hence the 150 rs I suppose. I would have returned it had I known sooner. It wasn't reflected in the bill either until today so I thought modem rent was free for these plans as well.That seems like an long process for returning a modem. I'll pay them a visit and ask them.(P.S. - Good to see you sanke1 and socrates still hanging out here! 😀)

Another reason not to get modem from MTNL, never knew they can Increase the charges automatically at any time in one's bill.

They have charged many users wrongly. I've my own modem still I've got charged. I had called yesterday on the CC and they said that it will be reverted in next month's bill.