The Book/Novel suggestion thread

moindear

Internet addict!
[OP]
Regulars
May 5, 2009
ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು
Please suggest some good books/novels, preferably thrillersI have just completed "The immortal of Meluha". Its a good read!

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
Regulars
Dec 9, 2006
Delhi
Robert Ludlum has some decent ones. the Bourne series, Prometheus deception, Matarese Countdown. Robin Cook for medical thrillers. Coma is my all time favorite. Try getting your hands on Dennis Lehane's Shutter Island if possible. you'll love it specially if you haven't seen the movie.

if you like fantasy/mythology - then Game of Thrones.

Bobbyguitarist

Regulars
Mar 4, 2013
Hyderabad
Any sidney sheldon books are good :) I just completed fredrick forsyth's The negotiator some two days back. worth the read.I would suggest just go to your local library and pick up any random book according to your genre

moindear

Internet addict!
[OP]
Regulars
May 5, 2009
ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು
Read all the Bourne series. Dont like Robin Cook, tried couple of novels, too much medicine. I have read most of Sydney Sheldon's books as well...

@Manu I saw the movie Shutter Island, was too gud. I guess reading book now is futile :( Did not know it was based on a book

Anyone heard of Erle Stanley Gardner, he is the author of "Perry Mason" series. Do read those novels. On average 200 pages per novel, very entertaining.

Seems "fredrick forsyth" is a good author. His books will be the next.

Will look into foundation series as well.

Any other books?

Thanks guys for the suggestions.

Bobbyguitarist

Regulars
Mar 4, 2013
Hyderabad
this may sound idiotic but have you read Sir Arthur conan doyle's Sherlock holmes short stories? I've found the entire 56 short stories(an old book) at local library ... was too good!

mhsabir

Xclusive
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
Agatha Christie , Erle Stanley Gardener , Doyle books are good. I have liked John Grisham books as well.

Bobbyguitarist

Regulars
Mar 4, 2013
Hyderabad
Agatha Christie , Erle Stanley Gardener , Doyle books are good. I have liked John Grisham books as well.
Agatha Christie seems like an old lady infront of sherlock (i have her novel -a caribbean mystery- in front of me as we speak ..err type)

John Grishams books are also nice but he talks a lot abt law

And Robin cook has too much medical stuff in his novels

But all the above authors are good