Citra is back in India

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Coca-Cola will revive Citra, a clear-lime drink it bought from Ramesh Chauhan two decades ago but junked in favour of Sprite, in a move that analysts believe is more to target price-sensitive consumer segments than to unlock the brand's heritage value.

A person familiar with the top beverages maker's plans said Citra will be priced about 20% cheaper than existing lime-lemon drinks such as its own brands Sprite and Limca as well as PepsiCo's Mountain Dew and 7 Up, to target a wider audience and take on smaller brands.

Coca-Cola to revive Citra after 19 years, aims mopping up volumes — economictimes.indiatimes.com — Readability

IndianMascot

Addicts
Regulars
Jun 17, 2011
People would think it as brand new thing. Very few people would be knowing about this at that time too.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
actually i do not remember much about citra myself. from what i remember, the version we had looked exactly like water. had little carbonation. tasted fine. the article suggests that it would be a lemon flavored drink. i do not remember how the the original citra tasted. i do remember that i liked it along with another drink that is no longer available here... cannot even recall the name. the first word i think was american.

gadgetcrazy

Regulars
Regulars
Aug 14, 2006
The bottle was good too if I remember correctly. Wide grooves

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
[video=youtube;T6LNOZRU9cQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6LNOZRU9cQ[/video]cannot find any indian ad on youtube. :p

IndianMascot

Addicts
Regulars
Jun 17, 2011
actually i do not remember much about citra myself.

from what i remember, the version we had looked exactly like water. had little carbonation. tasted fine.

the article suggests that it would be a lemon flavored drink. i do not remember how the the original citra tasted.

i do remember that i liked it along with another drink that is no longer available here... cannot even recall the name. the first word i think was american.

Even I had very mild memory of that. I was taken by one uncle to a shop when I was 10 yr old . He asked me which one to buy between Citra & Gold Spot. Citra was white and glodspot was orange. I preferred orange.

Now, I guess that it was lemonade , so its color was white.

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
Regulars
Dec 9, 2006
Delhi
was this the one that was also sold in plastic glasses with a thin straw? and what was that orange drink with a unique looking bottle? I was in class 2 or 3 at that time I guess.