• Thread starter Thread starter rkumar02
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 21,785

rkumar02

Regular
ISP
MTNL broadband, MTNL 3G
MTNL has launched new promotional FTTH broadband plan that looks very lucrative...

Promotional Offer

The scheme will be implemented w.e.f 08 February 2012 to 07 April 2012 for 60 days.
BROADBAND PLAN
Registration and installation charges - Rs. 500/-
Refundable security of ONT - Rs. 1000/-
Additional non refundable security charges of WiFi device - Rs 800/-
Plan Details �Unlimited Usage
[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Particulars
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]FTH-590[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]FTH-690[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]FTH-790[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]FTH-990
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]FTH-1290
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Download Speed
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]2 Mbps upto 5GB download
512 Kbps afterward

[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]4 Mbps upto 7GB download
512 Kbps afterward

[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]10 Mbps upto 12GB download
512 Kbps afterward

[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]10 Mbps upto 20GB download
512 Kbps afterward

[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]10 Mbps upto 40GB download
512 Kbps afterward

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Upload[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]512 Kbps[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]1 Mbps upto 7GB
512 Kbps afterward

[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]1Mbps upto 12GB
512 Kbps afterward

[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]1Mbps upto 20GB
512 Kbps afterward

[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]1Mbps upto 40GB
512 Kbps afterward

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Fixed Monthly charges (Rs)

[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]590[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]690[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]790[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]990[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]1290[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Annual Charges option (Rs)[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]5900[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]6900[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]7900[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]9900[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]12900[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Plan details - Limited Usage
[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Name of plan[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Download Speed[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Upload Speed[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Free data down load
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Min monthly Broadband charges[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Beyond free data download per MB (Rs.)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]FTH Delight 740[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Up to 10Mbps[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]1Mbps[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]10 GB[/TD]
[TD="align: center"] 740[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Above 10 GB up to 20 GB - @ Paisa 15 per MB
Above 20 GB up to 40 GB - @ Paisa 10 per MB
Above 40 GB up to 80 GB - @ Paisa 4 per MB
Above 80GB - @ Paisa 2 per MB

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Others
1.) After fair usage limit, download / upload will be limited to 512 Kbps / 512 Kbps
2.) Registration and installation charges of Rs. 500/- will be waived off during promotional period.
3.) In all the above plans ONT / WiFi Modem service charges of Rs. 100/- per month is included whose revenue is not sharable.
4.) If customer opts for annual plan, ONT security charges of Rs. 1000/- will be waived off.
5.) Applicable Taxes will be charged extra.
6.) In plan FTH-990 and FTH-1290 �F- Secure �anti virus will be provided free of charge for one year.

512kbps on fiber? What are they smoking? They rather not waste money deploying fiber than use it to carry such pathetically slow traffic

512kbps on fiber? What are they smoking? They rather not waste money deploying fiber than use it to carry such pathetically slow traffic

Agree with you 100%. These guys are just trying to milk the system as far as possible till the new telecom policy comes into effect. A similar thing is happening in Mumbai where they don't advertise it but milk the customers what they call BIG customers (& they rattle of names) 😀

10mbps and after that straight to 512kbps?! Can someone with a sane mind tolerate this drop of speed? 😱And why are they limiting uploads also :[

atleast a step in the right direction... After one or two iteration may be we all can hope to see our dream plans.Rel. Infotel when the hell are you coming....

the inital download limit (10gb, 20gb) etc is so small that no one wud be able to use the high speed for more than 3-4 days. it wud get over in the 1st week itself !! u stream a couple of HD videos on youtube an ur done for the month !! it makes no sense to pay for fiber just to enjoy high speed for a week every month. they actually have a chance of screwing up every player in the market considering that they have the capacity and capability to lay fiber to almost every locality in the city. had they introduced great speeds along with high data caps it wud have wiped out every other player in the market. i wud have gladly paid 2000rs for a 20mb line with 200gb cap. wat a waste of a fantastic technology !

Instead of welcoming FFTH in Delhi, you guys are cribbing. People! I anticipate better FUP in near future.P.S If I had to choose from the options above I would go for 1290 Plan 🙂

Instead of welcoming FFTH in Delhi, you guys are cribbing. People!

I anticipate better FUP in near future.

P.S If I had to choose from the options above I would go for 1290 Plan 🙂

I completely agree with you. Atleast someone has taken an initiative to introduce Fiber in Delhi. Stupid ISPs like Airtel, Reliance, etc will stick to ADSL tech only... But I hope that the speeds and FUPs will increase this year itself..

it would be very lucrative if in the last plan the speeds dropped to 1mbps unlimited after consuming 40gb with 10mbps .. 512 kbps is too low ...

The funny part is why do they need fiber to give these speeds. ADSL2 is very much capable of handling speeds upto 10 Mbps with 1 Mbps upstream.

The funny part is why do they need fiber to give these speeds. ADSL2 is very much capable of handling speeds upto 10 Mbps with 1 Mbps upstream.

May be more new equipment they buy, more commissions (bribes) they get from equipment manufacturers. That is one reason why a highly profitable company like MTNL is now running in huge losses.

There is no such plan in Mumbai to begin with. These pathetic speeds of 10 mbit can be delivered by ADSL 2+ easily as Agantuk mentioned.

With the bad quality of mtnl lines, I don't think so.

I was about to say the same thing, but then wouldn't it be possible to atleast achieve the attainable rate that is shown along with the line stats and that, I believe, is greater than 10 mbps for most.