Happy with ACT Broadband service.

• Thread starter Thread starter Moen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,853

Moen

ISP
DSL
Hi Friends,I live in H M Green Oak Appartment, Marappa Garden and I am Totally happy with ACT Broadband service.Usually people come here to complain, however i have come here to appreciate someones effort.I had been Airtel broadband costomer from past 5 years and recently i noticed that they have been taking the customersfor granted. So i dicided to switch over and tried many options like tata docomo which was a nightmare.After considering many broadband companies, i heard about ACT. I went to many reference sites from which i got a negative response about ACT mentioning the delays in installation.So finally i called there executive to check there plans and luckily that gentleman told me that there software has been updated and the services have been improved, but it was still hard to trust.He took me outside my Appartment and showed a box fitted and also said he has installed a connection in a near by primeses. This was my chance, i visited the neighbour and asked how is the connection and the answer was not the one i was expecting. He said the connection is awesome, but i wanted to check myself and i ran speedcheck on his computer!!!! and that was hard to believe.A complete 10MBPS download speed. I was thinking at least it should get 2 to 3 MBPS but here the speed was lightning fast.Here is another thing which makes me happy, I subscibed on 30 jan 2012 for 3 Months package where installation is free.Now the point is Some people came to my place the same day, on the day i issued them a cheque and fixed the box on terrace later the cheque was realised after two days that same evening one engineer came and connected the wire and i was connected. Since that evening i had no problems.Few advantages i have noticed!!!!ACT used optic Fibre TechnologyModem is not connected to computer, its connected on the roof top along with a battery backup of 4 hours.Every time you reconnect the ethernet cable you have to login to http://portal.acttv.in/ and enter your password.Bill amount is fixed, no variationsThankyou ACT and all the very best to you.RegardsSyed Moen

Hi Friends,
I live in H M Green Oak Appartment, Marappa Garden and I am Totally happy with ACT Broadband service.

Usually people come here to complain, however i have come here to appreciate someones effort.
I had been Airtel broadband costomer from past 5 years and recently i noticed that they have been taking the customers
for granted. So i dicided to switch over and tried many options like tata docomo which was a nightmare.
After considering many broadband companies, i heard about ACT. I went to many reference sites from which i got a
negative response about ACT mentioning the delays in installation.
So finally i called there executive to check there plans and luckily that gentleman told me that there software has been updated and the services have been improved, but it was still hard to trust.
He took me outside my Appartment and showed a box fitted and also said he has installed a connection in a near by primeses. This was my chance, i visited the neighbour and asked how is the connection and the answer was not the one i was expecting. He said the connection is awesome, but i wanted to check myself and i ran speedcheck on his computer!!!! and that was hard to believe.
A complete 10MBPS download speed. I was thinking at least it should get 2 to 3 MBPS but here the speed was lightning fast.
Here is another thing which makes me happy, I subscibed on 30 jan 2012 for 3 Months package where installation is free.
Now the point is Some people came to my place the same day, on the day i issued them a cheque and fixed the box on terrace later the cheque was realised after two days that same evening one engineer came and connected the wire and i was connected. Since that evening i had no problems.

Few advantages i have noticed!!!!
ACT used optic Fibre Technology
Modem is not connected to computer, its connected on the roof top along with a battery backup of 4 hours.
Every time you reconnect the ethernet cable you have to login to ACT and enter your password.
Bill amount is fixed, no variations

Thankyou ACT and all the very best to you.
Regards
Syed Moen

Dear Moen

thanks for your positive feedback, btw you can opt for wireless router (either from market or directly from us) to avoid login everytime.

rgds

Why doesn't ACT roll out pan India. Its quite frustrating to see others can enjoy FTTH while most of us are fupped @ ridiculous limits to crappy speeds.. 🙁

I shifted to my current location in Bangalore 8 months ago. I wanted to install the best broadband in my PG possible. I heard about ACT then but they weren't available at my location.

Sadly I had to go for the 'go-to broadband' ie Airtel. I was disappointed to the utmost level possible. The miniature FUP of 10gb lasted just 5 days and the rest of the month I had to wait for videos to buffer. WAITING IS SAD! Anyways I suffered this for 7 months.

Imagine my surprise when ACT left a brochure on my door saying it was available. I was ecstatic! The very next day an ACT Representative came and registered me for service. Since the Box was on the terrace it didn't take even a day for them to install a line for me.

I had opted for the 999* Mega Pack: 10 Mbps speed till FUP of 50 GB. After that 512 Kbps.
This was Airtel's 999* Pack : 2 Mbps till FUP of 10 GB. After that 256 Kbps. Yuck.

Anyways I have been using ACT for around a month now. The speed is splendid as promised. Downloads can go upto 1.2MB/s !
A User Friendly Portal ACT shows me my daily usage too. I drowned in downloads. Sometimes 4gb per day..
The down time is virtually unnoticeable. This is indeed very surprising. At par with Airtel's Up time.

Yesterday after 24 days of taking ACT the FUP got over. The speed is 512 as promised. That means I got 60 to 65 Kbps download speed.As long as I can buffer videos I am happy..

As a very satisfied customer I would like to thank ACT Broadband for giving me literally a MEGA connection. A no worries Internet. Seriously Hats off...
For all those people who cant wait for ACT to come to their locality.. I say be patient. They are the NEXT BIG THING in broadband and they will come for you.

Greetings!

Hey, I have subscribed for a year and the benefits given are:1) 2 months free Subscription, and;2) FUP extended by 25GB i.e. 50+25=75GB FUP @10Mbpsthe upload speed remains the same till one reaches the FUP-Download limit... I have uploaded almost 200GB (@10Mbps Bandwidth) this month, and achieved a 1:1 ratio in my link-removed.me a/c that too with the dynamic IP address.Also, seems we'll now theres' a new offer to get a discount/freebies/benefits when we introduce new customers through referral...🙂 Welcome to the 10Mbps Club***SEED***SEED***SEED***SEEDING GOOD TORRENTS IS GOOD FOR YOUR KARMA***