• Views Views 1,011

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
MSDN Blogs

This article is so long. I got an headache grasping through everything they covered.

----------

Metro style apps in the Windows Store can support both WOA and Windows 8 on x86/64

WOA can support all new Metro style apps, including apps from Microsoft for mail, calendaring, contacts, photos, and storage. WOA also includes industry-leading support for hardware-accelerated HTML5 with Internet Explorer 10.

WOA includes desktop versions of the new Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.

WOA will be a no-compromise product for people who want to have the full benefits of familiar Office productivity software and compatibility, an industry-leading hardware-accelerated web browser, apps from Microsoft, and access to apps in the Windows Store.

WOA will not support any type of virtualization or emulation approach, and will not enable existing x86/64 applications to be ported or run

WOA can deliver on a new level of customer satisfaction: your WOA PC will continue to perform well over time as apps are isolated from the system and each other, and you will remain in control of what additional software is running on your behalf, all while letting the capabilities of diverse hardware shine through.

While not the topic of this post, we do want to assure you that, when a consumer buys a WOA PC, it will be clearly labeled and branded so as to avoid potential confusion with Windows 8 on x86/64. The PC will come with the OS preinstalled, and all drivers and supporting software. WOA will not be available as a software-only distribution, so you never have to worry about which DVD to install and if it will work on a particular PC.

WOA PCs will be serviced only through Windows or Microsoft Update, and consumer apps will only come from the Windows Store, so you never have to worry if a program will run because you are not downloading or installing from a DVD outside of the store experience. A WOA PC will feel like a consumer electronics device in terms of how it is used and managed. For example, as previously detailed, the new refresh and reset functionality will be available, and for WOA this provides the equivalent of a “clean install” or imaging.

i hope they release a beta or pre-beta windows 8 which works on ARM processors so that i can finally buy a tablet and put it on the tablet . Windows 7 tablets are costly and bulky .

from what i see, they are not going to make it available as a purchase option. so i do not expect them to release a public preview for the ARM edition. 😕 the article said that manufacturers and major developers would be provided access to the builds once it reaches the final stages.

They will provide the test builds (ARM based) to certain manufactures and testers only. So its hard to get a leak, only chance is if they havnt injected anything traceable in the build then it will leak for sure. As same goes for windows 8 OS. Consumer preview will be provided on 29th but it will leak few days before 🙂