I want both idea 2g and 3g services

• Thread starter Thread starter vinsome
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,201

vinsome

ISP
bsnl 750 ul home wifi
1:3g service for making and receiving video calls2:2g for browsing internetwhich i am unable to do....I called customer care but they are not responding and they want me choose between 2g or 3g..need help

This is Idea Customer service calling "vinsome" and his alter ego "loosesome'Kindly choose a dual sim Android phone and register one 3 G sim in the name of "vinsome" and another prepaid 2G sim in the name of "loosesome"Then you can enjoy 2G+ 3G services in one phone !! customer service Docket No : DONTBOTHERCALLINGUS/101

This is Idea Customer service calling "vinsome" and his alter ego "loosesome'
Kindly choose a dual sim Android phone and register one 3 G sim in the name of "vinsome" and another prepaid 2G sim in the name of "loosesome"
Then you can enjoy 2G+ 3G services in one phone !!
customer service Docket No : DONTBOTHERCALLINGUS/101

----------

thnx for unwanted waste suggestions obeliex..i guess you are here in this forum to waste others time and urs...peace bro god bless u

sorry i didnt get u at the first time......its tricky one

With all due respect vinsome, it's actually not an awful suggestion, and quite logical when you think about it.

To put it simply, you can't have both 2G and 3G on one SIM for differing service, because the network knows to connect to either the 3G base station OR the 2G base station according to the SIM ID number - the only way around this is to use the 3G services you want to use in one location, and then when you want to browse the Internet, go to an area of the country where 3G service is not offered by your carrier.

Other than that, you are, unfortunately, SOL unless and until carriers start charging the same rates for data irrespective of whether you're surfing at 2G or 3G speeds.

With all due respect vinsome, it's actually not an awful suggestion, and quite logical when you think about it.

To put it simply, you can't have both 2G and 3G on one SIM for differing service, because the network knows to connect to either the 3G base station OR the 2G base station according to the SIM ID number - the only way around this is to use the 3G services you want to use in one location, and then when you want to browse the Internet, go to an area of the country where 3G service is not offered by your carrier.

Other than that, you are, unfortunately, SOL unless and until carriers start charging the same rates for data irrespective of whether you're surfing at 2G or 3G speeds.

you are right...thax for the explaination

1:3g service for making and receiving video calls
2:2g for browsing internet

which i am unable to do....
I called customer care but they are not responding and they want me choose between 2g or 3g..need help

Dear Sir,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. May we request you to reply to us with your complete account details such as Full name, mobile number, and the type of Inconvenience you are facing. Also mention the token ID 205IC155736 in the subject.

Regards,
Idea Cellular