• Thread starter Thread starter abchopra2010
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 12,908

abchopra2010

Mess.iah
ISP
Airtel
Has anybody used a Mifi modem here? The ones currently provided by Vodafone, Tata are very costly. Is there anyway i can buy a cheap one from china, put in my sim and use it?

My friend has Huawei e585 , i used it for couple of days, gave 4 hours battery backup.........which model does vodafone provide ? Recently another friend purchased huawei e560 from ebay.in @ 4500 with discount coupon.

Huawei has launched huawei e560 in india for 4799, factory unlocked, 1 year mfg warranty....7. 2mbps downlink, 5.76 uplink

Huawei :: Products - Mobile Broadband - E560

Im looking for something as cheap as possible. I need it for my ipad with wifi only and i may sell it in a while. So i need something that i could sell back or something cheap.
How can i make sure that the AT&T one works here in India?
Vodafone Provides the following..
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/401/capturelc.jpg/

Why are the companies selling it so costly.Feels like buying a phone altogether.

Has anybody used a Mifi modem here? The ones currently provided by Vodafone, Tata are very costly.
Is there anyway i can buy a cheap one from china, put in my sim and use it?

There are numbers of MiFi models are available around the globe but my friend, cheap? I do not think so.
My kind advise is to wait for Reliance Infotel. Your MiFi may not work with at that time. It will be useless.
Let infotel reveal their system, first. Who knows what kind of system they have opted? I heard LTE from them but no details has revealed yet.

You could try this

AT&T NRM-MIFI 2372 Portable 3G 802.11 b/g WiFi Wireless Router - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Pretty decent price... Also Huawei has a mifi device but it is pretty costly... Cost around $150 I think...

About above product, I think you have to unlock it and also it will be useless when our provider will offer speed beyond 7.2 Mbps. Yeah, I know it will take years when providers generously offer 21 Mbps.

----------

I searched for MiFi a lot when 3g was introduced by BSNL with 6 month rental unlimited data but at that time, it was of 10k. I made decision not to buy and I was right because BSNL restricted speed up to 1 Mbps.

If you want gsm 3g sim, opt micromax mifi. If you want use CDMA purchase mifi2200 from ebay which costing nearly 20 to 35$ and just open with dfx cdmatool after loading drivers. and load the pro of reliance, tatadocomo, or MTS, bsnl and use the password, user name. that all.

I have bought a MicroMax MMX 400R. Should be delivered to me today as long as buytheprice gets their act together. Will let you know in a few days how that goes, but from whatever research I did that seems to be the most value for money device.

how much you paid it for micromax 400rit is 2355 on ebay the link is herehttp://www.ebay.in/itm/Micromax-3G-wireless-pocket-router-Micromax-MMX-400R-/251034311403#ht_7187wt_1156

I paid 2420 from buytheprice.com. However, they took one week to deliver (just got it today). Had I known this I may have paid 2700 for it on flipkart (which delivers in 2 business days). I usually stay away from ebay for anything I would want a warranty in.

I need a MIFI router with Antenna capabilities...CRC9 or TS9!! anything will do!!
Under 3K would be good....And also please do provide a LINK(deal) for the antenna if possible..unable to find one(TS9)....!!