Help Needed- MTNL Internet Connection Problem.

• Thread starter Thread starter Vatu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 3,933

Vatu

Regular
ISP
MTNL Broadband 512 kbps Unlimited
Yesterday I installed the MTNL Combo unlimited 999 Plan. But facing lots of problem. So much discconeection fro long time, and not getting the right speed.

In speedtest, sometime its show 0.67 mbps, Some time 1.06mbps and 2.16 mbps. But when am trying to download some file, it shows the speed of 56kbps.

Kindly help me, what to do.

Here is the Status:-
[TABLE="class: tabdata, width: 760, align: center"]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"] Downstream[/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"] Upstream[/TD]
[TD="width: 280"] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: light-orange"][/TD]
[TD] SNR Margin
[/TD]
[TD]:
[/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"] 24.7 [/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"] 23.1[/TD]
[TD]db[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Line Attenuation
[/TD]
[TD]:
[/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"] 27.1 [/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"] 16.3 [/TD]
[TD="width: 280"]db[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Data Rate
[/TD]
[TD]:
[/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"] 2304 [/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"] 573 [/TD]
[TD="width: 280"]kbps[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Attainable Rate
[/TD]
[TD]:
[/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"] 15588 [/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"] 1129 [/TD]
[TD="width: 280"]kbps[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] POWER
[/TD]
[TD]:
[/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"] 13.3 [/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"] 11.3 [/TD]
[TD="width: 280"]dbm[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] CRC
[/TD]
[TD]:
[/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"] 11[/TD]
[TD="width: 70, align: center"] 14[/TD]
[TD="width: 280"] [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Help me please.

Line stats suck a bit. Take the issue up at your exchange, if all fails send an email to deadsl[at]bol[dot]net[dot]in.

can anyone tell me how to stop mtnl from disconnect after abt 15 mins of downloading on mobile gprs? it just dis connects and shows balance and usage details. cannot download anything 🙁

@ vatu.ur line stats are ok. nothing wrong there. what u need to do is set ur modem to use g.dmt(adsl1) instead of adsl2+. g.dmt will always give u more reliability and stability than adsl2+. in any case the max speed is 2mbps so don't bother with adsl2+. in advanced setup there will be an option to set adsl type to auto,g.dmt etc. set it to g.dmt. SAVE and reboot modem

#anujwankhede Please post in the 3G Jadoo section, you'll get better replies.#VatuYup, try doing what kickass has sugested and see how it goes.

@ vatu.
ur line stats are ok. nothing wrong there. what u need to do is set ur modem to use g.dmt(adsl1) instead of adsl2+. g.dmt will always give u more reliability and stability than adsl2+. in any case the max speed is 2mbps so don't bother with adsl2+. in advanced setup there will be an option to set adsl type to auto,g.dmt etc. set it to g.dmt. SAVE and reboot modem

Thanks Buddy, it works.

Damn. Again the Speed goes down to 60 to 70 kbps. After setting adsl type to g.dmt. I got the 2mbps speed, now again it goes down to 60 to 70 kbps.

----------

think its a SNR margin problem. Some time it was above 30 and some time below 10.

How to solve it.

Ok, What should i told hem. 198 told me that your line is good and no disturbance.

Damn. Again the Speed goes down to 60 to 70 kbps. After setting adsl type to g.dmt. I got the 2mbps speed, now again it goes down to 60 to 70 kbps.

----------

think its a SNR margin problem. Some time it was above 30 and some time below 10.

How to solve it.
r u using a mtnl issued modem??

mtnl has access to ur modem thanks to CWMP. in other words they can override ur settings. so disable that too. it shud be somewhere under access management. aftr doing that go back to ur lan page and change the dns to 8.8.4.4. reason being mtnl dns is quite useless n unstable and sometimes results in substantial waiting time. set the tcp mtu to 1454 (its more efficient for a pppoe connection). also where u set adsl to g.dmt set the annex mode to A .SAVE + reboot and let me knw.

mtnl has access to ur modem thanks to CWMP. in other words they can override ur settings. so disable that too. it shud be somewhere under access management. aftr doing that go back to ur lan page and change the dns to 8.8.4.4. reason being mtnl dns is quite useless n unstable and sometimes results in substantial waiting time. set the tcp mtu to 1454 (its more efficient for a pppoe connection). also where u set adsl to g.dmt set the annex mode to A .SAVE + reboot and let me knw.

Tried it, Again the same problem.

In the morning am getting 2.06 mbps speed. ( For few hours after changing the setting from adsl+ to g.dmt)

Now am getting 1mbps but within a few seconds it goes down to 50kbps

ur snr and line attenuation are the same as u previously posted or have they changed? and how r u checking ur speed?