BTjunkie is no more. Shuts down voluntarily.

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,966
🙁 One more torrent site down. So Sad :sad:

----------

:shock: Even link-removed and link-removed are closed now. Oh No .

At this rate the 5GB - 30GB fair usage policy limits set by various Indian ISPs will be more than ample in the coming years...since we will not be having any reliable torrent meta search engines out there ..

At this rate the 5GB - 30GB fair usage policy limits set by various Indian ISPs will be more than ample in the coming years...since we will not be having any reliable torrent meta search engines out there ..

End of unlimited plans is near.

These SOPA/PIPA groups will ban all filesharing and public torrent sites and celebrate. Soon people gonna buy the things they whr getting for free and again the govt. will be active for strict punishments! So If we spend 1500 for net today then maybe in future we will get a 500 rs internet to chk emails and browse youtube and another 1000 will be to buy the pirated stuff :Shave:

These SOPA/PIPA groups will ban all filesharing and public torrent sites and celebrate.
Soon people gonna buy the things they whr getting for free and again the govt. will be active for strict punishments!

So If we spend 1500 for net today then maybe in future we will get a 500 rs internet to chk emails and browse youtube and another 1000 will be to buy the pirated stuff :Shave:
Yes. even though PIPA/SOPA is banned. . we've got ACTA. .and even though it looks like we've won from the surface . .a lot of filesharing hosts are reporting that they've been under immense pressure from FBI to check their content and delete copyrightinfringement materials!

But gotta applaud link-removed for the work they've been doing. *if* link-removed shuts .. . :suicide:

R.I.P BTjunkie 😕 though never used it or any public index for years now, you have to realize that 7 years is a long time , since index like BT are not in there for money unlike link-removed and other file hosting or cyber lockers , so 7 years of standing to such kinda pressure just for providing service with hardly any profits from ads is not easy.2012 is going to see a change in web for good or for bad , yet to be decided though. mega case has stirred things up , though technically and legally the mega cae is very very weak but in states you never know. things will be decentralized fast and that is what TPB is going for last 2 or 3 years and for that reason that site is never going down cause anyone can mirror it and host it off his lappie if he feels like it and is already mirrored across some thousands of servers as of now. private or closed sites will be norm but they can only exist if large public ones are there as they tend to be the buffer between them , a lot of closed sites sysops trash tpb and like not knowing it is sites like tpb which keep them alive , once they are gone it private ones are up next.

So what are people using in place of btjunkie. Are there alternatives besides link-removed?

there are still tons of alternatives out there. link-removed is what i use. they changed their domain from .com to .ph couple of months ago for a good reason. 🙂

Yup even link-removed has change from .org to .se... Anyway I normally prefer using a Usenet acct to download anything I need especially if there are low number of seeds for the torrent... As the admin said there are alot of ways to get the stuff you want to download... Anyway I do hope India gets something like netflix or a proper MOD service at a decent price so we wont really have a reason to pirate stuff...

aah. usenet. have heard so much about it. never used it. 🙁 and india needs a fix for the broadband scarcity before any company can sustain a business model like netflix. bigflix already exists for example. they have a deal with airtel right now. but i am not sure if downloads from bigflix are counted as data transfer or not. if it is, the deal is of course worthless for the end user. i mean, in our current scenario, we would end up paying more for content delivery than for content. though this is not different from downloading from torrents or other networks. but at least on torrents, we have more choices. 😕

netflix or a proper MOD service at a decent price so we wont really have a reason to pirate stuff...
these other options need *good* internet connection . .which sadly is not there in india except some areas -_-