Beam Fiber Broadband: Cannot get a connection at my new place

• Thread starter Thread starter Nahsik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 7,493

Nahsik

ISP
MTS MBLAZE
Recently moved to Srinagar colony near Sathyasai nigamam... and aftr reading all the reviews, decided to go for BEAM ...called up and gave my address. Nxt day their personnel called me up and i directed them to my house...its an apartmnt. Latr i got a call from them who wer in the ground floor..they just said therez no box here...not possible for a connection 🙁 any options i hav?? Somwhr i read about 770 rs. for the box installation??and please suggest any alternate in Srinagar colony area? evn any local ones with nice plans.. Minimum of 786 kbps r above...atleast 20GB download...750/month max...shoot 🙂

They usually install the box if its not there or if its not nearby. Dunno why they chose not to install the box at your place. Anyway, your other option is BSNL.

No . .tell them to install a box at your apartment and you have no objection.Normally they offer to install their box on your premisis if they dont have box already in your area.

Thanx all... will try again with the beam guys once... if not, den i ll thnk about the othrs suggestd 🙂

Normally they offer to install their box on your premisis if they dont have box already in your area.

If they install the box and you are providing the power ask them to Give 50Bucks discount. they should install. Believe me or not they installed 5 ONT's in my lane.
Last year i saw only one. I would ask them to install one more in my Apts, not getting that much good speeds, used to get 15mbps earlier on 10mbps plan.. due to ont getting full i am now not getting.

Try Skytel(66339393) or Excel Broadband(44001000). If beam is not available.

Errr.... 44001000 is ICICI PHONE BANKING!!!

----------

I called them (BEAM) up again...they r gonna cum tmrw n check... but he said..."installation of box will take anywhr between 10-15 days"
...donno if i hav so much patience 😛

Guys...Excel broadband office is quite near my home..and dey said they will be able to get it up n running by today...1 Mbps FUP 20GB aftr that 512 kbps... 500 per month... its the same as BEAM right except they give 786 kbps aftr the FUP..i dont evn hav to pay for 6 months for this...so can shift to beam later. advice??

----------

No probs 🙂 Found the number.

Go Give it a Try. I've Got positive Reviews from kukatpally about Excel. We can expect Excel to offer 10mbps in this year. Ahem.

I called them (BEAM) up again...they r gonna cum tmrw n check... but he said..."installation of box will take anywhr between 10-15 days"
...donno if i hav so much patience 😛

Thats the time they take. And I would advice you to be patient and take Beam.

After you agree for a connection, this is how it goes.1. A company representative comes to take the money and give you the receipt.2. After the payment is confirmed, they enter your details and create your ID number and username.3. Box installation.4. Laying of wire to the box from the road.5. Joining the wire to the box which is done with precision as its a fibre.6. Laying a wire from the box to your house and activating the connection.For each one of these, theres a different team and so it takes time.

A friend of mine can't get a Beam connection because the company rep said its not feasible.Could someone suggest other alternate ISPs available in Hyderabad ?

^ Tell your friend to say to customer care that atleast 10 people are ready for beam connection in his area 😛 If you want speeds like beam, the only alternative is YOU broadband.Otherwise Reliance and Airtel as always.