• Thread starter Thread starter amar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 93
  • Views Views 15,664

amar

Senior
ISP
TataSky BB, Jio-4G, Airtel-4G
In a major setback for the government, the Supreme Court on Thursday quashed all 122 spectrum licences granted after January 2008.

The apex court left it open for the trial court to decide whether home minister P Chidambaram needs to probed in the 2G scam.

The SC said that there was no need for SIT to monitor the 2G scam probe.

The SC verdicts came on Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy's petition seeking a CBI probe into the alleged role of home minister P Chidambaram in the spectrum scam, and on two pleas by lawyer Prashant Bhushan seeking cancellation of 2G licences and setting up of an SIT to monitor probe into the scam.

Swamy has demanded a CBI probe into the role of Chidambaram with regard to the 2G scam. The Janata Party chief, who is the petitioner in the 2G case, has alleged that Chidambaram, then the finance minister, could have prevented jailed former telecom minister A Raja from giving away spectrum at throwaway prices to select companies, but chose not to do so.

Swamy had won a success in the court on Tuesday when Justices Singhvi and Ganguly upheld his right to seek the prosecution of Raja for the 2G scam and indicted the PMO for delaying prosecution of the sacked telecom minister.

Source:: 2G scam: SC quashes 122 licences - The Times of India

I guess, most of the licenses are non operational and won't effect anything. Only loss will be of operators money.

stel has got 3g licence in my circle but yet not started it, so hoping the 3g spectrum of stel atleast in my state should be auctioned as soon as possible and hopefully vodafone buys it................. 😛

what about uninor? as far as i know, all of 22 licenses belonging to them have been quashed and they already operate in 13 circles with pretty large subscriber base there (around 26 mn).

from what i read they can still operate their services for four months. and in that time period, government can come out with fresh norms and resell the spectrum. i guess more bribes would be paid and more scams would take place in the coming months. i hope the players affected by this ruling come out with details about bribes they had paid back in 2008 during the spectrum sale. 😀

Luck is with Mukesh Ambani..Now he can apply for 2G license ..Reliance Infotel

uninor is definitely affected throughout the country. they have more than 30 million subscribers!

thinking of porting my uninor no to vodafone as after 4months all of a sudden anything could happen like for eg in case of stel their services were shutted all of a sudden because of non payment of bills to reliance and lakhs of customers sufferred :cursing:Just think you have a very important official no which is of Uninor and all of a sudden the services shut because of these legal issues then it will be us who will be *****:anger3: If these continues to happen then public will start to loose faith in these new commers who offers cheap tarrifs, and probably AIRTEL,VODAFONE,RELIANCE will start Monopoly business with increased tarrifs and looting customers :mad ():
uninor is definitely affected throughout the country. they have more than 30 million subscribers!