2G scam: Supreme Court quashes 122 licences

• Thread starter Thread starter amar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 93
  • Views Views 15,663
are they really going to get their money back? 😀

I think spectrum money will be refunded. Lets see what comes in next 10 days regarding Exit Policy.

i think the supreme court prefers landline so such a bad judgement came out.auction 2G,3G,4G,5gwinner at the end INDIAN POST OFFICE. BACK TO LETTER WRITING .

I think spectrum money will be refunded. Lets see what comes in next 10 days regarding Exit Policy.

i have never seen government refunding anything to mobile companies 😀

i bet they would ask for extra money and issue them fresh licenses.

Then whats the use of Making Exit Policy ?? Why would someone surrender his spectrum ?? They will simply shut down their business if they are unable to run and frequency will remain consumed .

malum nahi bhai. i really have no idea about the technicalities of the 2G spectrum sale. 😀

BTW, Medianama is so perfect and followed by people that RCOM share dropped because of mistaken news published by them regarding RCOM in today's 2G verdict 😀

Update: we had incorrectly mentioned that RCOM’s licenses have been cancelled. The error is regretted. RCOM did not receive any licenses among the 122 mentioned.

Possible outcome -our voice call charges are going to go up from now 1.2 paise/second to 1.5 paise /second1 gb Gprs @ rs 98 to possible minimum Rs 149/ 1gb and rs 251 /2gb3G data as such over priced. Roaming will be Rs 1/ minute . ISD doubled . No more data free roaming.:Boy Surrender:

The 122 licences were given by Raja for over Rs 9,000 crore, while 3G auctions for a smaller number of licences had fetched the government a sum of Rs 69,000 crore.

A Raja is such an arsehole. He not only spoiled the Indian Telecom now, but also put thousands of people jobs at stake. This scam had made few people billionaires , few jobless and rest all will be made to shell out money money due to increased tariff.

----------

I liked this article heading a lot 🙂

A Raja's shameful stint in Tihar jail completes a year today +1

A Raja | 2G Spectrum | Tihar Jail

Surprisingly Idea Mumbai is not in the list!! I thought Idea had entered Mumbai very late, but dont recall the exact year.

Surprisingly Idea Mumbai is not in the list!! I thought Idea had entered Mumbai very late, but dont recall the exact year.

Idea Cellular Ltd. (UAS License) on 5-Dec-2006

Telecom shakeout: Why 2012 will see more exits, price hikes

The telecom industry must thank the Supreme Court for hastening the process of consolidation of the industry by cancelling the 122 licences given by Andimuthu Raja in 2008 and asking the government to reissue them at market-driven prices. This means, sooner or later, the UPA government will have to conduct another auction to fix higher prices for spectrum. The Supreme Court judgment has said that the process of issuing licences has to now be delinked from the purchase of spectrum – and the only implication of this part of the order is that scarce spectrum will come at a higher price for everyone in future.

http://www.firstpost.com/business/telecom-shakeout-why-2012-will-see-more-exits-price-hikes-201263.html?utm_source=MC_TOP_WIDGE

2009 idea entered in jan 2009.clean player seems to be Airtel and mtnl in mumbai !!

Vodafone didn't miss an opportunity. Front page ad in all newspapers across most major cities.