No 5.1 Audio in HD channels

christy.anand

One of the many reasons why I have subscribed for Videocon d2h was their 5.1 audio in HD channels.I was enjoying 5.1 audio in Star Movies HD and Star world HD channels till Dec 2011.But for the past one month there is no 5.1 audio.When I checked with the customer care, their response is not encouraging. They simply said, they may provide 5.1 audio at a later stage, but are not committing any dates.The worst part is, I have already paid my yearly subscription and they are refusing to refund any money if I cancel my subscription.So, please think twice before going for Videocon d2h and that too going for yearly payment.

Later Stage ?? This is ridiculous . Till then why don't they take half of the Money for HD packages . :Kill:

Later Stage ?? This is ridiculous . Till then why don't they take half of the Money for HD packages . :Kill:

I am also facing the same problem from december. When I checked with customer care they are deny there is no problem from their end.

Can some body suggest what should I do to rectify this issue.

This is the reply I got from the customer care,Dear Customer, Thank you for writing again to Videocon d2h.This is with reference to your email dated February 01 2012 regarding 5.1 Dolby digital sound on HD channels for customer ID XXXXXXX. As per our discussion with you, we regret to inform you that 5.1 Dolby digital sound on HD channels is currently not available at our end however we have taken a note of your feedback regarding availability of 5.1 Dolby digital sound on HD channels again and shall notify to all our customers if any changes are implemented.It is always important for us to hear how customers react to all aspects of our services. Strong customer feedback like yours helps us continue to improve the service we provide, and we appreciate the time you took to write to us.Further to our discussion with you, we would like to inform you that policy to refund the account balance amount is currently not available with Videocon d2h servicesIf you have any further queries, please call our customer care numbers below:

I missed this thread, and took D2H HD a week back, to go along with my home theater. Sadly 5.1 is not available in Videocon D2H and the CC is saying that there will be a software upgrade soon which will enable 5.1 output. I dont know whether my choice of going for D2H was wrong, but its been more than a week and the upgrade is yet to happen. Can someone please spit the truth

CC is lying . I wish I could slap that jerk. d2h was having Dolby Sound but their hardware and setup are not compatible enough to provide Dolby Sound. Some 4-5 months they were having Dolby Digital Sound but we complained them for lip-sync issue and finally they stopped Dolby sound .So, If they would have upgraded their hardware, we will start getting Dolby and 5.1 sound other no software can do anything.

Again i would make a technical correction here.....u get 5 channel audio on D2h. What u dont get is - Dolby audio. U can easily make it out while watching HD channels, when the Audio is coming just from behind, or just from ur front, or may be from any other direction. I have my speakers arranged a few inches above the normal hearing angle due to space constraints, but still i can experience it. There is no reason why the others dont get that.

I would beg to differ Jaymin. What you experience is the simulated 5.1 audio from your HT. There is a big difference if the feed itself is 6 channels and further processed by the HT. I can confirm D2H currently has no 5.1 audio in ther feed even in any HD channels as confirmed by their CC.

Well i have just one question then - If "Simulated 5.1 channel" gives out a sound meant to come from behind, only from the rear speakers....And "Real 5.1 channel" audio too, gives out a sound meant to come from behind, from the rear speakers,Then what is the difference between "Real" 5.1 & "Simulated" 5.1?I mean, if both give u the same output, then what difference does it make to u? The name? How do u differentiate between 2 same things, which have different names?

The real 5.1 is what the sound engineer of that movie track intended to be. Simulated depends on the manufacturer of the HT designed it for you. You will appreciate the difference only when you experience it.

This tendency is called the illusionary effect created by a particular terminology. Coz i still havent got the answer to the question that i have asked. If simulated 5.1 channel gives u the same output like real, then whats the difference?If in a scene theres a cycle passing from behind the subject & u actually turn behind to see if there was a cycle passing along......what more do u want? That damn sound is just moving from ur rear left to the rear right. The front speakers are damn silent. If that effect can be simulated, then what is Real?

This is like 'what does the rose smell?' No body can explain this unless you experience yourself to appreciate the difference.Probably you need to go to a audio showroom and experience what real HT experience is.I can't help your ignorance.

But then if someone smells a rose and is still told by someone that "It is just the smell of rose essence"......then obviously the one who has smelt rose will ask "What then is the difference between real rose & rose essence?"

I have contacted CC of D2H now for the same reason. Initially CC exec told me that you need to have DVR to get 5.1. After my compulson, I talked to technical guy and confirmed that now 5.1 is stopped and will be resume soon.

If u click on a tranponder then click on DVB-S2..u will get two option 1.video there are only two compression format mpeg-2 and h.264.2.audio there are two compression mpeg(which is mainly mp3 codec format) and aac(advanced audio coding though it supports 5.1 channels still u won't feel that dolby quality). Until that option change to ac3 u won't experience 5.1 properly.