No 5.1 Audio in HD channels

I got a reply from videocon cc that 5.1 DD audio is available in HD channels. If I connect to my Sony DZ370 HT through coaxial will I get DD surround sound ?

Duplicate post.. Sorry.

I got a reply from videocon cc that 5.1 DD audio is available in HD channels. If I connect to my Sony DZ370 HT through coaxial will I get DD surround sound ?
Replied earlier, but not appearing. Yes, you will get DD sound with Coax connection. I have Onkyo receiver and I get DD sound in majority of HD channels, but all are not 5.1. In such cases, where only stereo audio is available in DD I change it to stereo in STB then the receiver converts it to 5.1.

Replied earlier, but not appearing. Yes, you will get DD sound with Coax connection. I have Onkyo receiver and I get DD sound in majority of HD channels, but all are not 5.1. In such cases, where only stereo audio is available in DD I change it to stereo in STB then the receiver converts it to 5.1.

Thanks for the response. I tried with a with a 75 ohms video RCA(yellow cable) and audio cable (red RCA) but in both cases I didn't get any sound from my HT in any of the HD channels. Of course I changed the STB audio setting to Home cinema. I have a normal HD STB, not a DVR. What could be the possible reasons ? Is it that the coaxial digital O/P is available only with DVR or something else ? Anyhow, my HT converts the analog stereo to 5.1 that is reasonably good.
The videocon CC every time gives contradictory replies , many of them in CC even don't know what is 5.1.

Thanks for the response. I tried with a with a 75 ohms video RCA(yellow cable) and audio cable (red RCA) but in both cases I didn't get any sound from my HT in any of the HD channels. Of course I changed the STB audio setting to Home cinema. I have a normal HD STB, not a DVR. What could be the possible reasons ? Is it that the coaxial digital O/P is available only with DVR or something else ? Anyhow, my HT converts the analog stereo to 5.1 that is reasonably good.
The videocon CC every time gives contradictory replies , many of them in CC even don't know what is 5.1.

Even I have regular HD STB and not DVR. I have used a regular RCA cable for a long time connected between my HTPC and receiver and it worked fine. Double check the connection between STB Coaxial port to HTR coaxial port and select the digital output on your receiver. NCG HD has some problem for me. Check some other channel.

You can post the pictures of your connections and settings, which will help to answer your questions, little better.

Even I have regular HD STB and not DVR. I have used a regular RCA cable for a long time connected between my HTPC and receiver and it worked fine. Double check the connection between STB Coaxial port to HTR coaxial port and select the digital output on your receiver. NCG HD has some problem for me. Check some other channel.

You can post the pictures of your connections and settings, which will help to answer your questions, little better.

Thanks for the quick response. Yes I got DD5.1 audio this time. Actually there was a problem with my HT input selection. Now I get 5.1 audio from many HD channels. The audio from Sony HT is very good which I was missing all these days. Yes there is some intermittent problem with NGC.
Again, Thanks for the help.

HD channels anyways give 5.1 ch audio. And if u keep the 5.1 ch setting for SD, u still get a better ambience of the audio - tad better than the stereo output setting.

I've d2h HD set top box....is it possible to get dolby digital by connecting it to my Sony tv (HX850)...tv doesn't have any spdif input.....is there any way to get it connected....

@RajkumarDirect answer is no. As far as I know, no TV has ability to play AC3 audio signal from a video source. Unfortunately D2h does not transmit DD audio through HDMI. This is a major drawback in D2h. You need external receiver to playback DD (AC3) audio. One more point to note is, TV's do not have 5.1 speaker configuration. Max it has is 2.1 (I think Onida KY series had this). Unless you have 5.1 speaker setup with AMP you may not enjoy DD sound.There are cheap AC3 decoders available, that you may be able to connect to 5.1 speakers available for about Rs 2,000 to 3,000. That may be a cheapest option available to enjoy DD sound.

The new HD DVR does send DD audio over HDMI.

kindly re check and confirm this .
which model of set top box providing this ?

Yes. the new HD DVR Videocon is shipping has the option of DD over HDMI. the one with the 500G HDD. I will get back with the model details.Only such box in india atm.

Right. I got it replaced, and now its giving me DD sound - of course not the best possible due to the shortcoming of my setup, but still, the difference is just superb - loud music, becomes true music!