• Thread starter Thread starter rajanmehta
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,983

rajanmehta

Regular
ISP
Threesa

Cibil to include mobile bill payment history to check credit worthiness - Economic Times

Default on your mobile bill and you may soon become ineligible for a home loan or a car loan. Non-payment of telephone bills will also rule out the possibilities of getting a new credit card or even another mobile number.

Cibil, the country's credit information bureau, which tracks credit history of consumers, is taking steps to include mobile and telephone bill payment history to calculate the credit worthiness of an individual. It has already launched a pilot initiative with Vodafone's post-paid customers and is in talks with the country's largest telco by customers, Bharti Airtel, for a similar project.

It is also learnt to have approached other leading telcos for tie-ups. "Our aim is to eventually link the telecom utility payment history to the banking and financial records of customers and make it available as a Cibil record to banks and other financial institutions," Cibil managing director Arun Thukral said.

Catching up with rest of the world are we?Credit rating should also depend on all utility bills payment history.

They should also start a bureau of background checks and tie-up with AADHAR/UIDAI under the aegis of Vodafone and Airtel.How about Arun Thukral's Cibil records?

This was supposed to be implemented long time back. I find this a nice move. Offenders should be deprived from all such facilities.

In a country, where messy incorrect bills and obtaining connection with fake IDs is common enough - I wonder though.

but it should not be.my airtel BB december bill remain unpaid because online payment system of airtel was not working. My due date is 28 of every month and i usually paid on 25th of each month.dont have time to pay it by going to outlet. finally requested a pickup and paid it after 15 days.