need to re use sony 5.1 hometheatre speakers....how..?

• Thread starter Thread starter jimmy_moh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,256

jimmy_moh

ISP
reliance
guys.. i was having Sony home theatre.. but now its dvd reader part is got some issues ....and am not in a situation to buy new home theatre...but its speaker system is still good , is there any way i can re use those speakers by buying some low cost DVD player.... give some suggestions..

You anyway would need an amplifier. standalone DVD players cannot power these speakers.

The speakers can be connected with other amps but you have to check the resistance (ohms) and power (Watt). resistance of the speakers should be exactly same as the amplifier's resistance and the power of the speakers can be higher than the output power of the Amplifer.

Check your HT manual for the speaker's details and you may buy a suitable amp.

----------

if your current HT system has any digital audio input, then you dont need anything more, just buy any standalone dvd player. Make video connections directly to your TV and connect digital out of dvd player to the digital input of your HT's amplifier. But i doubt that Sony HT's have such digital inputs. it will definitely have an Audio in (mic also - may be). But you would be able to only input a 2 channel signal and upgrade the signal to 5.1 using prologics.

thanks sundar... i wil check my HT whther it has any audio in.....what will be the approximate cost for the amplifier.. not a branded one.....