Nokia Lumia 910

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,497
N8 already had it. Anyways it has same processor as other Lumia Phones. Whats so appealing in it?

first. windows phone does not need a dual core processor or more RAM. it is not android so it does not have the same problems as android has. secondly... a lot of people love the n8 for its camera but no one wants to buy that phone now. so it is good to have a newer model with the similar camera specification. i mean we still do not have any android phone available around here with a similar capable camera right? would you not like to have it on your phone? i know i would!

Android needs some flagship vendor which can launch without Touchwiz UI like interface, something like Nexus series. Nexus is not available everywhere though.Seems it wont be long for WP to bridge the gap and become the better OS. Its in the right direction. It just needs some good apps first.

first. windows phone does not need a dual core processor or more RAM. it is not android so it does not have the same problems as android has.

You couldn't have been more wrong. It depends on what the phone is being used for.
(Microsoft says that they are optimizing WP7 to run on lesser hardware. I believe they are struggling to run it on high end hardware without causing a battery drain. Nice PR spin on us)

Windows Phones NEED dual core processor, Multicore GPU and subsequently more RAM. Otherwise don't expect iOS quality graphics and games like Infinity Blade on WP7 and snappier performance in hardware accelerated IE mobile.

I have Samsung Omnia 7 and that poor thing struggles on loading heavy websites or 3D games.

If email, texting is all you care about then wait for newer batch of low end WP7 phones which are about to arrive to do just that. (Or Microsoft could have allowed OEM's to phase out the current phones into low end after a year. It could have been a good strategy. But winning market share is the main aim)

the question is... whether microsoft IS supporting dual core hardware or not already. from what i see, there is no dual core phone out there based on windows phone. microsoft also does not support LTE yet. though lte support is coming next. the best of the WP phones in the market are all powered by single core processors. there must be a good reason for that. also... the next update tango is supposed to be targeted at phones with even lower specifications. they are focusing on the mass market and not the niche market from what i see.

Ofcourse they will. They have to. They can't just loose all the high end market to Android or iOS. But as of yet, they are struggling. WP7 at the moment still feels like unfinished product.