Why difference in speed test from different sites?

• Thread starter Thread starter gaurang08
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 4,267
well... simple things. you broadband speed test is running from their own servers. there are no other routing in the middle. it could be a computer sitting 5KM from your home. so basically it can show you 100mbps without representing the true speed of your connection. speed tests from around the world would involve a vast network of servers in the route. and every route would add some delay in the data transfer.

well. frankly speaking... no speedtest is going to be accurate. your connectivity with each individual website would be different from each other. the downloads from web servers nearer to your place with less congestion would be faster than downloads from faraway servers with more congestion. if the web server has restricted upload speeds, you cannot really maximize your local connection through it right? so the best thing is to try downloading some large files from different servers and calculate the approx top speeds you are getting. airtel is doing good by using speedtest.net for their speedtests. earlier they would use a speedtest app hosted on their own servers...

I surrendered my YOU Broadband connection after wasting nearly 4K and 3 month in the hope of 12Mbps connectivity. I thought they would atleast respect Rajnikant's name which they were using in their ad campaign. You will get 12Mbps very rarely like late in the night / early morning when there will be few users. For rest 95% of the time, expect less than 1Mbps, even half of that mostly.

Rajan mate I have YOU broadband since August 2011 and I faced no speed issues .. Its this month that the speeds are super pathetic and im getting 12 - 30 kbps while downloading from torrents .. Im going out of town next week once back I think ill surrender YOU and go for MTNL ..

Biggest joke of the century, YOU techie came to my place I told him torrents are dead slow so he said, YES SHOCKING to say the least that " YOU Broadband does not support torrents ". So I said that in the past few months all has worked fine, he said that must have been my luck .. ha ha ha ha ..

" Does not support torrent " . 😀 You must have asked him to elaborate on it . If their ISP don't support torrents, then Why the hell they are running ISP and providing 12 mbps speed 😛

No clue man where he was from, he said that its company rules that we dont support torrents, the biggest laughter was when I told him that I have been getting decent speeds since August 2011 up until now where the bad speed has started he said it was my luck so much time that I could download torrents and said that I might get lucky now or then downloading from torrents where speed is concerned but overall YOU does not support torrents . lol ..Anyhow I am out of town for a week so wont reply here ... Bye Bye ..

not supporting torrents is a lame excuse. if they provide you internet, they do not provide you support for individual protocols. a company cannot say that we just support http and ftp and email etc.