Dell Warranty Extension?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 6,326
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
The following offer is being given to me, do you guys think it worth it?

Dear Sir/Mam
This is regarding the warranty extension. Following are the offers as mentioned: (PRICES OF INSPIRON/STUDIO ) Discount Aplicable 10 % on Orignal Price
One Year Next Business Day warranty – Orignal price Rs. 5500/-
Two Year Next Business Day warranty – Orignal price Rs. 10200/-
One Year Next Business Day warranty With Complete cover – Orignal price Rs. 7400/-
Two Year Next Business Day warranty With Complete cover – Orignal price Rs. 12700/-

**This offer is not applicable for Out of warranty system
** The Offer is valid according to the technician recertification: if there is any issue found with the Motherboard, Processor , LCD and HDD thenremaining amount for RS 9800/- would be chargeable.
1. If you agree to the quotation please reply back without changing subject writing “I Agree to the quotation” and the details of payment.
2. Validity of this quotation is for 7 business days.
3. The quoted charges are for Next/Second Business Day support (8x5 - Monday to Friday) as per the support in the respective area.
4. Once the current hardware/parts problem is replaced, defective to be returned back
5. Only Dell hardware products/components are supported.
6. All sales are subject to Dell's Terms and Conditions of Sale, Service and Technical Support ("Terms and Conditions"), copies of which are available on www.dell.com\ap
7. Dell can support hardware up to 5 years from date of manufacture/shipment.
8. Batteries and other consumables are not covered under warranty.
9. After receipt of commercially clear PAYMENT/PO, it would take up to 7 working days to provide the service.
10. Payment Terms: 100% in advance. (Options as given below).
11. Kindly provide the road permit form for parts where ever required at the time of delivery.

Depends on how well you look after your laptop and how well the environment is (electrical , etc)Always go for complete cover if you are planning to extend. If you are planning to ditch the current one in a year or two , resale value is great only if you have complete cover warranty ( it was hard for me to sell my old Dell M1530 , which was out of warranty). So go for 2 years Complete cover.Any parts replaced will be refurbished one only MOSTLY !!so dont go on a replacing spree after extending your warranty , you will end up with second grade parts.

Lately the webcam stopped working and the charger stopped working too.

So, I had to rethink about the warranty ;(

Can anyone elaborate this?

The Offer is valid according to the technician recertification:

if there is any issue found with the Motherboard, Processor , LCD and HDD thenremaining amount for RS 9800/- would be chargeable.

it means if , engineer found out about any issues before doing extended warranty , they will probably give you warranty but any charges beyond 9800 would be chargeable because it was not without fault wen extended warranty was being done.:TV🙁my guess, which makes most sense)

Prices are costly though 🙁 but go for the 2yr if u are thinking abt getting it.

Looking at the way you curse Dell all the time...... I think you oughta take it......... Btw I got it for 5 or 6k for 2 years, my HP, and it was best thing I did as it went 5 times after 1 year :what:

decide how long you want to keep using this laptop. and depending upon that get the extended warranty. laptop repairs are very expensive outside the warranty. i have a perfectly fine Dell laptop with a messed up display lying at my place. getting it repaired would cost me as much as i would probably get from selling it in the market. so i am not getting it fixed.

So, I get a mail from a rep regarding the warranty with the same plans as above.

I asked him how do you calculate the warranty? From the date I placed the order or I got the product?

He called me and and explained that you placed the order on 27th March 2011 so your warranty expired yesterday.

So, we cannot give you complete cover now.

I would really have thought about it if they bothered to notify me yesterday.

I am just going to keep this Laptop till the date its running and would get a new one, not a Dell for sure 😀

But, for the first time I saw plans for out of warranty products.