Best Data card to use while travelling to Rajasthan & Hyderabad

• Thread starter Thread starter fulibua
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 6,288

fulibua

ISP
BSNL
Hello Friends,I am travelling to India for 3 weeks. Will be travelling to remote location of Rajasthan near Ajmer and Also Travelling to South India Hyderabad. I would to access Internet in my Laptop having Windows 7 with 64 bit.Could someone please suggest highspeed Internet data card to use for 1 month in Rajasthan and Hyderabad.Thanks.

Use BSNL EVDO Data card. Works great in Rajasthan 🙂

Use BSNL EVDO Data card. Works great in Rajasthan 🙂
But BSNL has EVDO only in some places. .

But the OP wants data card to use while travelling india. .so doesnt make sense to take EVDO ..

Reliance netconnect and Tata photon + have ads saying they have coverage almost whole of india . .take that?

But i think best way is buy a 3G modem and use it with BSNL sim

Hello Friends,
I am travelling to India for 3 weeks. Will be travelling to remote location of Rajasthan near Ajmer and Also Travelling to South India Hyderabad. I would to access Internet in my Laptop having Windows 7 with 64 bit.Could someone please suggest highspeed Internet data card to use for 1 month in Rajasthan and Hyderabad.

Thanks.

First you have to figure out how you are going to obtain a pre paid 3G sim for any data card!
( CDMA proprietory data cards are useless to you once you leave India.)
How are you accessing mobile internet in your current residence country?? ( I assume wired broad band)

Easiest solution is bring your GSM /Quad band smart phone (android/Apple/B.berry) with tethering USB cable.
For 3 weeks on the move browsing this is the easiest solution.
I get even 5 to 6 mbps speed while browsing in my 64 bit win 7 labtop with my Android phone (with 3G sim )tethered to laptop.
or
Bring from your home or buy here any 7.2 GSM 3g unlocked data card (Rs 1000-1400).

Regarding Hyderabad/Rajasthan - Idea 3G coverage is good. Airtel 3G is also ok.
If you can get BSNL 3G sim ,it will work anywhere in India .data roaming is free any where in India for most if not all mobile broadband operators.
so your problem is not data card .
but how to get a 3G sim with required ID copy and local address proof.
Just passport with foreign address -"No can Do " in India.
If you have relatives or freinds in India,get a 3G pre paid sim in their name ,recharge 2gb/4gb data pack and return the sim to them while departing.

First you have to figure out how you are going to obtain a pre paid 3G sim for any data card!
( CDMA proprietory data cards are useless to you once you leave India.)
How are you accessing mobile internet in your current residence country?? ( I assume wired broad band)

Easiest solution is bring your GSM /Quad band smart phone (android/Apple/B.berry) with tethering USB cable.
For 3 weeks on the move browsing this is the easiest solution.
I get even 5 to 6 mbps speed while browsing in my 64 bit win 7 labtop with my Android phone (with 3G sim )tethered to laptop.
or
Bring from your home or buy here any 7.2 GSM 3g unlocked data card (Rs 1000-1400).

Regarding Hyderabad/Rajasthan - Idea 3G coverage is good. Airtel 3G is also ok.
If you can get BSNL 3G sim ,it will work anywhere in India .data roaming is free any where in India for most if not all mobile broadband operators.
so your problem is not data card .
but how to get a 3G sim with required ID copy and local address proof.
Just passport with foreign address -"No can Do " in India.
If you have relatives or freinds in India,get a 3G pre paid sim in their name ,recharge 2gb/4gb data pack and return the sim to them while departing.

Thanks a lot for your valuable information. I can ask my cousin to get the 3G SIM card of BSNL. you mentioned about 7.2 GSM 3g unlocked data card ? Do you know which company data card work best? BSNL website doesn't work, how to get their 2G/3G BSNL coverage in Rajasthan?

BSNL 3G is available all India .Not to worry. data Roaming free and no extra charge. If you recharge a 3G prepaid data pack, it will debit from that and not from main balance.Foe rajasthan and AP even idea 3G is ok.if you get a sim, you can use in your phone too.Huawei Data cards are the best.If you buy operater branded {like Aircel,Airtel etc) data card, it will be locked.you can buy in ebay or other online stores Huawei E173, E1750 etc models around rs 1250-1500,(unlocked )after you land here, ask here some one will give ebay /online store link to buy the data card.Net cafe's are there every where .rs 20-40/hour if you can not get sim.