New Triband Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter ferns
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 2,801

ferns

ISP
Hathway New Easyway 128-1
Hi,I booked 590 NU on saturday ( i already have an existing MTNL phone line ). On Monday when i spoke to the MTNL guy from Kadivali exchange he said i should get it by Saturday i.e 16th sept. but when i called him today he said it will take another week. Does it really take 2 weeks for a connection when i have a telephone line?

I applied for the 200P plan in Mumbai as a backup connection; I had opted to get the modem from MTNL. Guess what, I was informed that there would be a waiting period of 2-3 months for that due to unavailability of the modem with MTNL!!!!!!!!! On top of that, the clerk also gave me a Sub-divisional engineer's number and asked me to contact him if I have my own modem. This smells kind of fishy to me. Of course, I did not buy a modem; I am not desperate for it.

However, this also reminds me of another similar incident about 5 years back when I was on 56k dial-up. I was doing a project on the net and required a good connection, but my telephone line was giving me a lot of trouble with constant static. Then, I was considering going in for an ISDN connection. When I approached an MTNL engineer at their QCS center, he told me that the static cannot go away as some insulator may have come off from the telephone pole, and the ISDN connection would be perfect. He then went ahead and gave me the telephone number of a couple of ISDN equipment retailers and said he would personally help me in getting the connection. Of course, I had also walked away at that time. After about 6 months, I then got an internet connection form my cable guy (that is another story in itself, but presently am very satisfied with my connection).

Why are these MTNL babus so corrupt?? A 2-3 month waiting period for a DSL connection??? What next, a monthly license renewal for their soon-to-be-launched triple-play connection reminiscent of the quarterly radio/tv license renewal at the post office back from the 70s???

I got a new phone line 2 days after applying and a broadband connection 2 days after that. Sometimes MTNL does run out of modems. It's nothing to do with corruption necessarily if you think about it. Modems come at a fair price nowadays (around Rs. 1500) and if you buy one you won't have to keep on paying MTNL Rs. 80 per month forever, and you can use the same modem for any other DSL ISP too if you decide to ditch MTNL. So it's not terribly outrageous for MTNL to run out of modems or for them to ask you to buy one.

U dont have to pay the Rs. 80/- for the modem forever....u have to pay it only for 18 months...

No way man u got to be kidding me man,If that was the case i wouldn't have bought the router for 2500 yes it was nearly 11 months back ...It's Mtnl dude how can you expect Extreme High service from them...I think as long as you use mtnl triband and Rent a router then you have to pay the rent i.e 80 + tax .

Well that info was given to me by the person who installed the net at my house......his name was Azeem i guessi asked him for how many months do u have to pay the rent for....and he said 18 months.....anyway its only 4 months since i got my conn.lets see till how many months do they charge !!

QUOTE(Dante @ Sep 17 2006, 01:02 PM) [snapback]62451[/snapback]
Well that info was given to me by the person who installed the net at my house......

his name was Azeem i guess

i asked him for how many months do u have to pay the rent for....and he said 18 months.....

anyway its only 4 months since i got my conn.

lets see till how many months do they charge !!
[/b]

No such stoppage of Rs.80/- after 18 months, in MTNL Delhi.

if 18 months is the case, then pls someone confirm it...i've already completed 16 months :wub:just had a talk with 1504 guys...they say that u need to pay Rs. 80/- per month till u have internet (that is if you've rented the modem from MTNL) 🙁

looks like i have to kick that person's a$$ who told me that it is for only 18 months...anyway its good to have the mtnl modem coz if any time the net is giving us problem we can complain to them.....otherwise...they will leave it up to us....saying its ur modem's fault.....I hope my sentences are making sense... 😛

No man this is not a case.....YOu book a broadband complaint and they are truely serious .They can solve any problen in 1 week every time you get a call from diff people thats funny ...sarkari khata hai bhai but kaam karte hai no doubt in that!Regarding a modem you can test your friends router in bridge mode and check no big deal in that!!!

Rs. 80/- rent...whts tht??? MTNL very frequently forgets 2 bill my Modem rent in my bill :lol: