How to Configure WLAN in MTNL 450TC1 wifi router ??

IndianMascot

Addicts
ISP
Reliance, Tata Photon + , MTNL 3G Jadoo
Help .. Help .. Help !!

Just got MTNL Broadband connection, but due to some personal constraint MTNL engineer didn't came for installation and I had to collect wifi modem from Telephone Exchange .

After going through their manual, successfully managed to configure LAN Setting on 192.168.1.1 but still WLAN is not working. Its getting connected but showing " No Network Access " & " Unidentified Network "

Also One Strange Thing is that when I tried connecting another laptop on wifi , its connected.

Please help and guide me guys !! 🙁

450TC1 user here.

Below is a screenshot of my settings. All wireless devices play nice with my modem.

PS: If that particular laptop is not connecting also check if the DHCP on your modem is enabled and that your laptop is set to acquire ip automatically. If DHCP is disabled and manual IP settings are assigned check if there is a conflict in the ip range of connecting devices.

when I tried connecting another laptop on wifi , its connected.
Check the WLAN settings in your laptop.
If Windows 7 click wifi Icon in Taskbar Status Diagnose.
Or wireless properties security settings. correct key is entered.

or in router select no authentication. ( No security key )

Is the laptop old ? As in does it support wpa/wpa2. Change that wpa-psk in the screenshot to something like none or no security and try. Note - this will make your network unsecured for the time you choose to disable security. Has the IP address been entered manually in the laptop which fails to connect ? Wireless connection properties - tcp/IP properties - set IP and DNS to auto and report back.

Thanks guys, My brother who is networking expert took laptop on team viewer and solved the issue.

He changed setting to " Automatically obtain IP " as highlighted by x720 and its working now.

Thanks again 🙂

i have the same router. i use the wifi on my phone. once i connect it, it works great, but if it stays inactive for 2mins wifi gets disconnected automatically, please help me to keep my phone connected as long as the wifi is on. i also tried using the wifi on the other wifi compatible phones. but the result is same.can anyone help me on this.