• Thread starter Thread starter superasn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 98
  • Views Views 19,689

superasn

ISP
superasn
Hi,

We just got a BSNL 16 mbps fiber line to our premises 3 weeks ago. Since BSNL did not have any other fiber connections in our area (Indirapuram) we were made to pay full 2 years in advance (about 1.6 Lacs) as the min contract on our part.

Anyway, the results have been nothing but shocking!

Apparently the 16 mpbs fiber line has a download speed of 1.04 Mbps and upload speed of 0.35 Mbps.

I have tested with a number of servers and sites and it's has never been over 2 Mbps! This is even slower than my Vodafone “3G” speed. Even sites like gmail are taking up to 2 minutes to open!

Their customer care is useless so I have notified everyone from the SDO to the GM to the person in charge of routing but they just won’t do a thing. Nine out of ten times they don’t reply. Only one time someone did and it was only to say that I need to contact someone else.

This is the most pathetic service I have ever seen and having paid a ton of money upfront only makes it graver.

Can someone tell me who should I contact and what should I do about this?

Any word of advice would be appreciated.

Regards,
San.

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
Please mention the tariff plan selected. FiBro Ltd 16 ??
The modem/router being used.
Number of systems desktops/laptops in use at same time.

Test speed here and copy/paste forum link.
My Broadband Speed - Broadband Speed Tester
You can make an ONLINE complaint here
http://mis.bsnl.co.in/pgs/internet/pgwebregn.asp
Even for tariff plans 4 Mbps, some port is changed in the Exchange.
when users complain of low speed.

Because you can get Information, By RTI, what will be the next step ?Go to court? Engage lawyer/s and attend court/s for adjournments etc ?Get BSNL staff arrested for false claims and cheating ?This could be a simple technical problem and the user should first try the avenues available and meet the top Technical officers in BSNL. If the connection is cancelled, what alternate ISPs are available for the user ?

I would like u to talk to Gm n hand over an official letter. This is for ur security. Next step consumer court

Which company installed the stuff at your place ? Bsnl, aksh or someone else ? I could help you out if it is either bsnl or aksh. The first time my fiber connection went live, the pings were in excess of 700 ms, the aksh guys made a few calls and they were fixed in a few hours.

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
Please mention the tariff plan selected. FiBro Ltd 16 ??
The modem/router being used.
Number of systems desktops/laptops in use at same time.

Test speed here and copy/paste forum link.
My Broadband Speed - Broadband Speed Tester
You can make an ONLINE complaint here
http://mis.bsnl.co.in/pgs/internet/pgwebregn.asp
Even for tariff plans 4 Mbps, some port is changed in the Exchange.
when users complain of low speed.

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

> Please mention the tariff plan selected. FiBro Ltd 16 ??
Yes, the plan is FiBro Ltd 16.

> The modem/router being used.
The modem is EPON - AN5006-04

> Number of systems desktops/laptops in use at same time.
Just one desktop.

> Test speed here and copy/paste forum link.

http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk

> You can make an ONLINE complaint here
Thanks for the link! I just registered my grievance here, hope somebody listens.

Your advice is much appreciated again. Thank you.

If the connection is cancelled, what alternate ISPs are available for the user ?

Hi,

I will surely take them to MRTPC if this isn't fixed soon. Anyway, the other alternatives are Hathway and Tikona and I've tried them both but they are no good. 3G speed from my Vodafone is good but bandwidth is very limited. Which is why I'm still trying to fix this amicably first.

I would like u to talk to Gm n hand over an official letter. This is for ur security. Next step consumer court

I have written to just about anybody I could find on the BSNL site but they won't listen. So far I've sent 17 emails but not even one single reply except one which said it doesn't fall under them. Further, I've handed out hard copies of the same to all the officers I could reach but they keep passing the buck. The guy who is in charge said on the phone I need to talk to the "banglore noc" but when I wrote to them they said and I'm quoting it exactly: "THE CASE DOES NOT COME UNDER BANGALORE SSA PL."

http://mis.bsnl.co.in/pgs/internet/pgwebregn.asp Book your grievance here
Thank you for the link. I just did it.

Which company installed the stuff at your place ? Bsnl, aksh or someone else ? I could help you out if it is either bsnl or aksh. The first time my fiber connection went live, the pings were in excess of 700 ms, the aksh guys made a few calls and they were fixed in a few hours.

I'm pretty sure it was BSNL guys but I will inquire. Also, would you be kind enough to post your speedtest (dot) net results for my reference? Thanks!

Is this a leased line ? or a normal ftth connection ? The reason, I guess, why no one is responding to your complaints is because most people at bsnl don't know squat about ftth, they're probably just as confused as you are. If it indeed is aksh, I'll give you some numbers to call on. Also, could you describe your setup in detail or perhaps post pictures ? Here is a speed test (its from last month), pretty much the same now .

512k line, varies from 0.48 to 0.55 usually.

Is this a leased line ? or a normal ftth connection ? The reason, I guess, why no one is responding to your complaints is because most people at bsnl don't know squat about ftth, they're probably just as confused as you are. If it indeed is aksh, I'll give you some numbers to call on. Also, could you describe your setup in detail or perhaps post pictures ? Here is a speed test (its from last month), pretty much the same now .

512k line, varies from 0.48 to 0.55 usually.

Hi,

yes, it is a normal FTTH connection (not a leased line). Here are pics of the modem and wiring. As you can see BSNL did a pretty shoddy job with the wiring also :/ The modem is connected directly to my PC and works by dialing the username/password.

I am trying to get in touch with SDO to check who did the wiring. Will ask you if it aksh.

Worst part is the customer rep has told me to contact some "Vivek agarwal" regarding this. When I call him he tells me to contact Rajnagar SDO. When I call him he tells me it is not his deppt. It's like I'm going in a circle. Guess I may just have to take these guys to court soon so that they may listen.

Is reliance not an option for you?? For lease lines they have super excellent support.

Nope, so far neither reliance or airtel is an option here. Only BSNL, Hathway and Tikona and the 3G data cards.

P.S. thanks guys for posting your speedtest results!