Australian Open

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 515
  • Views Views 71,893
Nothing was great by Djoker... it was stupidity of Federer, he wasnt playing at his best..trying to be too defensive.Only way to win against Federer is to attack blindly and that is what Djokovic did.. but Federer let him do that by not counter-attacking.

The amount of experience Federer has in Grandslams is unmatched. So when he commits mistake means there must be something from the opposition rite?

Well Federer is making mistkaes from 3 grandslams now... add to that.. he no more holds any grandslam! first time since 2003. i.e 8 years... i think that may be a record too! 😀

I think the credit for this goes to Nadal, he defeated Federer's aura. Previously no one believed that they can beat him in Grandslams, once he started doing it consistently (wimbledon 08 was epic), federer's aura faded, he was no more invincible.Good for tennis, there needs to be competition, not just one person winning all of em.

Men's 2nd Semi Final:

Andy Murray wins against Ferrer in 4 sets - 4-6, 7-6 (7-2), 6-1, 7-6 (7-2)

Just 3 points here and there and we cud have had 5 set match!

Anyway it would be Murray's 3rd FINAL in a grandslam....and this time there is no Federer to stop him!

So can he take it or will it be Djokovic's 2nd aus open grandslam?

So Li Na missed out being the first asian to win a tennis grandslam, bad luck.Anyways great comeback by Clijsters after retirement...where are Williams brothers, bring em on

Australian open 2011 FINAL:

Kim Clijsters wins against Na Li in 3 sets - 3-6, 6-3, 6-3

Her first Aus open. and 4th grandslam overall... She has been winner of US open since 2005 (didnt play in 2006 to 2008)

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Next match India v/s USA!!

i.e Bryan brothers of USA v/s Paes/Bhupathi of India.

India already one set down 🙁

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Na Li started nervously but took the first set, she shud hv finished off

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

unfortunately Lee & Hesh lost to Bryan Brothers. Tough one.

Bryan brothers are tuff to beat

Djokovic wins AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2011

He beat Andy Murray rather easily in straight sets.

6-4, 6-2, 6-3.

I didnt see the match but based on scorecard.. Andy Murray made many unforced errors.
47 compared to 33 by Djokovic. Djokovic also made slightly more winners 26-21

Djokovic got 18 break point chances of which he took 7.
Whereas Murray got only 4 of which he took 3.

So overall an easy win for Djokovic. Or it cud be that he was in super form and Murray had no answer.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Murray swept aside by faultless Djokovic - News - Australian Open Tennis 2011

So it was indeed Djokovic who played well. Murray said that today Djokovic wud have defeated anyone.