Airtel PC Secure Scam

bsd

cool guy
[OP]
Regulars
Mar 15, 2009
got call from airtel customer care saying that ,your broadband plan have a free anti-virus software and asked me to give my email id , i gave them my id. know question is any of you guys using this service,and if yes please let me know about the anti-virus(pc secure). currently i am using panda cloud antivirus.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
avoid. ignore. forget. airtel is probably getting paid for this free offer from the company offering the solution. stick to panda and stay cool.

vjprakashbe

Regular
Regulars
Jan 15, 2011
Bangalore
For me it came via auto subscriptions. Each complaint I made, they auto subscribed one license to me. Last month there were six complaints from me to Airtel for internet not working. Received six PC secure auto subscriptions. I replied all the six to f**k off. Finally, Bill came this month. Four got unsubscribed, one license was free and one was charged for Rs.87 + taxes. Called 121 and shouted… got my money back.

Bobbyguitarist

Regulars
Mar 4, 2013
Hyderabad
No. beam also gives Symantec end point protection. If i remember correctly tikona also gives Free F secure license with their internet connection.But IMO stick to panda cloud anti virus.

Bobbyguitarist

Regulars
Mar 4, 2013
Hyderabad
Just wait for next month bill and they will add it again in your bill :tongue_2:
They are supposed to be free.

Sid

Sid
Regulars
Aug 18, 2009
BlackHole
Yes i know but they charge it too sometimes > My frnd calls every month (i think 4 months now) about this issue, getting 75+ added as PC secure charges (shown as DSL charges or something in the bill.) Better avoid it.

bsd

cool guy
[OP]
Regulars
Mar 15, 2009
ha ha that's why i have posted a question i thought something fishy, because i am subscriber of their service from past 4 years, but from yesterday only i am selected by them for this offer:eek:hmy:. i have received the key,but any way i wont using that. happy with PANDA:island:. thank you guys for your information.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
this is what airtel does. it has turned into a business model for them. they would subscribe you to a service. it would be free for a while and then it would be turned into a paid subscription. people who check their bills closely would notice, complain and get their money back. a lot of people would not, and airtel would make money from them till they do.