How to paasword protect Belkin Basic Wireless Router N150 F7D1301 ?

• Thread starter Thread starter matrix24
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,104

matrix24

ISP
BSNL
Check Belkin F7D1301 Deals on: Flipkart | Amazon--I have Airtel Broadband internet connection and I have just purchased Belkin Basic Wireless Router N150 F7D1301. I have connected this router with my Airtel Broadband Wired Modem. Just loaded the setup from cd that accompanied router. After that it easily connected to internet without further setting. Now I would like to know what further things I need to do to make best use of this router including how to have good security ?I would really appreciate if guided on above question.

Have you set up wpa2 encryption ? Also, you could use mac address control for an added layer of protection .

Have you set up wpa2 encryption ? Also, you could use mac address control for an added layer of protection .

Could you explain both the above options please.

Sure, log in to your router's interface via 192.168.2.1 . Go to the wireless part - security - there should be something like type/encryption there. Select wpa2-psk from the drop down. Input a network key(acts like a password for your wifi) . Do this much and post the feedback. We'll move on to Mac address control later.

Wait, I'll just hook up my old Belkin to my network and post screenshots for you 🙂

----------

EDIT

Each time you need to add a device to your network you'll need to enter its mac into the router. You just need to do this once for each device.

Thats it. Click apply changes and you're done.

To find your mac address on windows, open up cmd and type
ipconfig /all

Locate your wireless card's mac and enter it into the router.

@x720 Thanks a lot for all the guidance and help that you have provided. I really appreciate that you took time out to help me and also explained everything in such comprehensive detail with clarity. I have also saved all these details for future reference as well.