which is the official number to make complaint about cable operator's behavior and broadband service

Hi,I have run into many problems with my cable operator, especially regarding broadband internet. Firstly, the cable operator in my area is in charge of refilling prepaid packages of ISPs for customer. there is no disclosure of specific amount for a plan. he charges randomly to different people for the same connection. there is also no receipt provided for a plan from the ISP. he takes money for a year of unlimited usage and then refills limited usage plans. after each expiry we are made supposed to call him. his 10 minutes take place after 5 hours. he will say that the ISP has already been give advance refills. the ISP says there is no advance refills from the cable guy.the router installation on the building terrace is in a shabby state. wires hang so miserably that a slight touch by somone disconnects the network for the whole wing. he has taken electrical power connections from the lift. so every time the lift stops working, the internet stops working too. the box hasn't been locked. the connections are loose. we keep on loosing connectivity just because of improper connections and no fault of the ISP.when contacted he says nothing will happen before the following day. when asked to fix these issues caused by negligence he says everything is fine on his side. when asked to give proper service he says u haven;t purchased me with ur money! when asked to compare himself with other cable providers in neighbouring areas, he says go and get service from them.when other cable providers are contacted they refuse saying the areas have been divided among operators. airtel and other good ISp dont give service cause cable operators refuse to support them!does anyone know any solid government sanctioned authority who can be contacted and who can end this monopoly?Neerav

Hold his equipment for ransom.Take internet from BSNL. Not the best choice, but under the circumstances they dont have to deal with third parties etc.

Hold his equipment for ransom.
Take internet from BSNL. Not the best choice, but under the circumstances they dont have to deal with third parties etc.

there is no equipment from his side. just cat 5 cable. there is no bsnl in mumbai. its mtnl and it SUCKS!

What is wrong with MTNL ?

it works where it works. for me, i have subscribed for mtnl twice and each time it got disconnected again and again and the bill was huge. the technical help i got was very poor.

as far as im concerned bsnl is having the worst technical help, as i applied 2 times for bb connection in span of 1 year but both times I faced frequent disconnection,but my problem was finally solved (partially) after complaining for about 1 month

Hold his equipment for ransom.

Ha ha ha That's the best solution anybody has offered. Anyways BSNL sucks too. Every sarkari service sucks.
I was a customer of MTNL with 2 MBPS plan but I hardly ever recieved speed more than 300 kpbs.

Try Tata or Reliance's WiMax. Tata's wimax is reliable and cheap.

does anyone know any solid government sanctioned authority who can be contacted and who can end this monopoly?
Political influence.

Other option is to stick with MTNL.