• Thread starter Thread starter Ryan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,579

Ryan

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
I'm getting very high ping when I play counter strike. This is very interesting. On Sify, maximum ping I was getting was 500. On hotwire, it's around 900 and lowest 100. But browsing speed is very fast. Also, my upload speed is always higher than my download speed. You guys have any fix for this, or is it from the ISP itself. Take a look at this dsl report for hotwire. Tell me what you think. I have the 96 one.

hi, i have the same problem, i play americas army though, my friend has a 128kbps connection(zeenext) and counter strike works like breeze, he has ping rates below 150, do you have the original cd of counter strike,cause i tried playing it online and its asking for the cd key. i guess 96 kbps connection is not enough, im going in for bsnl 256 kbps connection. it wont be problem if u dont download a lot of stuff cause they have a data trasfer limit.

let me tell u m8 speeds dont get u better pings the routing does i play CS on my 32 kbps as smoothly as u can on a T1 connection it the ping that matters. 🙂

An update on this issue, Counter strike pings now range from 50-500 ping. Now this was the ping I was expecting. Apparently, they were doing some updating of their servers so that's why I wasn't gettin my correct speed. Once I get the 128kbps plan, ping should decrease even more hopefully.

First of all as ultra_vires said the pings ( latencies) u get in counter strike totally depends on the routing of ur isp and not on the speed coz ive had a 64k zeenext conn in bangalore which was giving me pings arnd 150 then thinkin tht better speed wld gimme better pings i shifted to BSNL-384k but to my dissapointment i now get pings around 300+ min. So if u r lookin for a connection tht gives u good pings for games then i suggest airtel coz many of my frends have airtel and they r getting pings around 100 for singapore svrs with 64 k conn.I too am shifting to airtel in a couple of days so cant say abt their surfing and downloadin speeds but right now in Bangalore Airtel r offerin a wonderful scheme in which the initial costs r reduced a lot.the offer tht they gave me for a 128k-unl conn is.Rs.333 initial payment and Rs.333 will b added to first bill then Rs.333 will b added to 2nd bill. 1 of these Rs.333 is refundable so ull b paying only Rs.666. For this u will b getting 128K-unlimited, Free modem for rent i.e., no rental for the modem and ull get a landline connection too with rates of 1.00/pulse and all this at only Rs.999 per month. This 999 is inclusive of the landline rental+modemrental+internet charge. U'll b charged extra only for any outgoin calls.Dunno if this scheme is available elsewher coz they said it was a limited offer.

Every1 sucks but exatt. play CS every night on frag shack ... ping avg 40ms and max 100 😀