Is this configuration wrong?????

coolvaibh2009

ISP
BSNL
Hello members,

I had just bought a new motherboard for my processor (old 1). The board is MSI G41M-P26 and my processor was Pentium 4(R) 2.93 Ghz (533 FSB). For this board i had to get even the new RAM so i bought 2GB DDR3 (1333 Mhz) DYNAX RAM.

So i want to know whether my selection and config. is wrong??? I am asking this because one of the PC dealer told me that i won't be able to utilize my processor's power efficiently on this config. So, please tell me whether he is true or anything of that sort.

Thanks.

Hello members,

I had just bought a new motherboard for my processor (old 1). The board is MSI G41M-P26 and my processor was Pentium 4(R) 2.93 Ghz (533 FSB). For this board i had to get even the new RAM so i bought 2GB DDR3 (1333 Mhz) DYNAX RAM.

So i want to know whether my selection and config. is wrong??? I am asking this because one of the PC dealer told me that i won't be able to utilize my processor's power efficiently on this config. So, please tell me whether he is true or anything of that sort.

Thanks.
Well, the PC dealer is correct. But he said it vice versa. You won't be able to utilize the motherboard/RAM properly with this ancient processor. You won't find noticeable difference in performance. Your processor is fully compatible with this motherboard though.

Well, the PC dealer is correct. But he said it vice versa. You won't be able to utilize the motherboard/RAM properly with this ancient processor. You won't find noticeable difference in performance. Your processor is fully compatible with this motherboard though.

Ok thanks, so please suggest me a decent and mightiest processor (preferably quad core) which is fully compatible for my RAM and Board!!!!!!!!! Also tell me is the board and RAM quality ok? 🙂beat-up🙂 Also can you please give any idea about the price of processor you suggest?

your existing motherboard/proccy may not be able to use DDR3 RAM. DDR2 RAM is expensive.Not sure G41m-P26 can handle DDr3 RAM even with a new processor.check that too.Quadcore processors are not cheap. You can as well buy Core I3 + compatible mother board ( Rs 3000 up wards ) and use the DDR3 Ram you bought.

Hi there,the important thing i am noticing after using this config is that my P4 is getting too overloaded for any software application, even for google-chrome!!!!! And the weird thing is that while my processor is showing 100% overload, the RAM is just 50-60% utilized!!!!! What the hell is going wrong with my PC i don't know. Even when i am copying or moving any file of size almost 1 GB then also its taking almost 20 mins. Please any 1 of you suggest me something for this. plz plz plz.........

Have you checked your system for Viruses with good antivirus?Configure your pagefile by 1.5 times of your physical RAM..suppose you have 1 GB RAM then make your pagefile 1800 MB around, if using XP.Also scan you entire HDD for errors..sometime bad-clusters(not bad-sectors) also slow down the entire system.