Switching Off Cpe (modem) In 590 Nu Package

anilsaxena

[OP]
Regulars
Sep 14, 2006
I hope that all users of 590 NU package are aware, that free night downloading needs switching off modem after midnight and restarting, and same before eight o'clock morning.Can somebody suggest an economical way of doing this automatically (at least the midnight part). Anil

Xvid

Regulars
Jun 28, 2006
In short topic already discussed. search the forum and hit it....

anilsaxena

[OP]
Regulars
Sep 14, 2006
QUOTE((S)aint @ Sep 14 2006, 11:07 PM) [snapback]62202[/snapback]
You should search the forum before starting a topic.
[/b]

I am really sorry. I am a newbie and not very technical savvy, and i am 58 years old.
But these are no excuses. i will be careful in future.
Anil

(S)aint

Regular
Regulars
Oct 2, 2005
Hats off to you.....I never imagined a 58 year old downloading stuff after midnight. You're one of us now :)

anilsaxena

[OP]
Regulars
Sep 14, 2006
Correct yourself Sir! 58 not 52. And what did I ultimately do ? Did not tinker with setting of my modem (or do they call them router ? what ever it is.) Bought a cheap chinese timer from Bhagrath Place, Delhi for Rs.300. And using it.

(S)aint

Regular
Regulars
Oct 2, 2005
Good for you....but you could have done it for free.All the tinkering mentioned on this forum is usually tested.We've been at this from a very long time. :D

anilsaxena

[OP]
Regulars
Sep 14, 2006
QUOTE((S)aint @ Sep 14 2006, 11:07 PM) [snapback]62202[/snapback]
You should search the forum before starting a topic.
[/b]

1. Your advice was very worthwhile. As I have already written that I am a 58 year old newbie without much tecnical knowledge (as all you younger ones will call "geek"). For many a days I could not muster courage to do the tinkering with modem, fearing that it may result in a "crash" or some other unforeseen problem. In the meantime I bought a timer for Rs.275/-, which was doing the job pretty well. But on an urge, today I fearfully tried it (solution given in topic "nocap" in forum), and it worked. What a good idea (again as all you younger ones will call it "cool"). I wish I tried it before buying the timer and saved Rs.(as all you younger ones will call "bucks") 275/-. Never mind. I can use the timer somewhere else or sell it to some one who needs (as all you younger ones will call a "sucker") it.

2. Any ideas, how to synchronize MTNL's clock with my PC's clock, so that 12 Oclock midnight and 8 AM occurs at the same time at both places together.

Anil

humtum

Sep 22, 2006
if i were you then i would have started at 12:15 and disconnected at 7:45 ..Does it smells safe?

anilsaxena

[OP]
Regulars
Sep 14, 2006
QUOTE(humtum @ Sep 23 2006, 11:27 PM) [snapback]63091[/snapback]
if i were you then i would have started at 12:15 and disconnected at 7:45 ..Does it smells safe?
[/b]

Safe ? Yes
Intelligent ? No.

Anil