How to apply for a Credit Card?

• Thread starter Thread starter audioslave
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 6,085
Take a credit card where you can link with your SB account.Always use a standing instruction to pay off minimum amount due.Use debit card for most of the purpose and credit card only when you need credit or where debit cards are not accepted (Don't fall for moey back or other schemes)Never show interest to take insurance policies or other stuff when marketing people call you. Some people directly charge them to your credit card (I don't know how they do it. It happened to my friend)

Take a credit card where you can link with your SB account.
Always use a standing instruction to pay off minimum amount due.

Both these points are ABSOLUTELY NO NOs. It is calling for disaster. Imagine a fradulent charge on your account, and that getting debited from your savings account. Horrendous

I have applied for an HSBC Card a week back and i have gone thru quite a few levels of their verifications.....i m now waiting to get the card. And about the scheme i have got: No joining fees, lifetime free, and something around 1 to 2% cash back under different scenarios.I guess thats decent enuf.Audioslave....5% cashback is mostly on cards with charges or if its a free card, then they make it available at few select retail chain stores only.Thats what i have seen till now in the last few weeks when i was running around to get a card.

you get an 5% cash back on Shopping. Right?

Depends on the card. Different banks have different variants.

@Jaymin HSBC cards shud be the worst in verification. Recently (6 months back) I applied for one. They verified more than 3 times (on each day) even when I said I was on roaming in another state for some urgent work.Even the background verification for the IT guys is not this bad. This verification was done after taking copies of my company id, passport, PAN Card, driving license and 3 months of payslip. I had applied as the features were very good but had to cancel it after they had literally tortured me on verification.I hold credit cards from all the companies and undoubtedly this is the worst to apply.

Speaking of trouble, I had the worst experience getting a card from HDFC. They were the ones who called me for it even when I was not interested, and they were adamant I give a 'permanent' address when I really had none. They would neither let go of the application nor reject it. They ended up making almost 15 checks on CIBIL for the card, ****ed up my credit rating, and in the end, did not give me the card. This, when I already had 3 Platinum or above cards.

I hardly have anything to show up on my CIBIL report & hence I think I should be ok... But, I sometimes wonder how my rating is 🙂 .. But, I do not feel like spending Rs.450 for it. Another thought that comes up on my mind is - What if someone misuses my details....

Credit cards are awesome if you know how to manage them 🙂

----------

Speaking of trouble, I had the worst experience getting a card from HDFC. They were the ones who called me for it even when I was not interested, and they were adamant I give a 'permanent' address when I really had none. They would neither let go of the application nor reject it. They ended up making almost 15 checks on CIBIL for the card, ****ed up my credit rating, and in the end, did not give me the card. This, when I already had 3 Platinum or above cards.
HDFC is the BIGGEST chor. Just simply refuse when they call you, or better yet, report them to TRAI (they call me even when I'm under DND).

Moin.....I had applied for Citi card and surprisingly they rejected it! They just mentioned my documents were not according to their policies, without giving any details as to what was wrong with the documents.Lets see what happens with these guys. I got 3 verification calls and a last verification thru a guy visiting personally and taking my signature on the documents i had submitted.I hope what u just said doesnt turn out to b true! Fingers crossed, as i want a card now.....each time i need it i have to ask Dad for help!

I was planning to get a Card basically to shop online and on Android Market but am plain lazy.

..and I am sorta getting back to being a pirate 🙁

get it on the fd basis....its quick and easy....call the bank they will come to ur home in hours.

Yeah, as it is he wants to save tax.....so he can anyways get an FD for that. And against that he can get a card 😀