Zee DishTV truHD PLUS launched - PVR with external HDD at no extra cost!

• Thread starter Thread starter agantuk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 17,530

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
ISP
N/A
Superb stuff launched by Dish TV. They are launching a DVR service / product in the market called truHD PLUS (name convention unknown yet), at the SAME COST as tru HD, and supports recording to an external HDD through the USB port. It does not have an inbuilt HDD. Existing truHD customers will get it through a software upgrade. Pretty cool IMO. Source: Zee Business

Can you share the link of the article buddy ??

But will the recording be playable on other devices? I doubt so. If it is, then they will have to face some possible piracy apprehensions.

Hope the update releases soon...!! 🙂But i think it will have a encryption over the content...But where there is encryption...there is also a thing called decryption..which is spread all over the internet 🙂

^ That will be really interesting to get if at all that is. Sky has been doing this for years but to my knowledge there is no good workaround for copying the content directly from the HDD

The encryption is hardware based IINM. So won't be possible to reverse engineer easily.

Software Upgrade is out...for Recording content that is being broadcasted....Now...the thing is what about the existing TruHD customers....i don't have a USB port... 😕

I was reading that they will be upgrading existing truHD customers for free (STB replacement). It was on ET

Superb stuff launched by Dish TV. They are launching a DVR service / product in the market called truHD PLUS (name convention unknown yet), at the SAME COST as tru HD, and supports recording to an external HDD through the USB port. It does not have an inbuilt HDD. Existing truHD customers will get it through a software upgrade. Pretty cool IMO.

Source: Zee Business

This news also discussed on another thread but that member who posted the news also hadnt source. Doubt is its fake. You mention that existing users also can use this service after software upgrade but their HD box has any usb / other port with their HD box?

----------

True. Its true news. Nice trick by Dish TV at least any operator offering freedom of desire disk space for DVR.

WorldOfDth Blog: Dth and Television news, tv channel images, new channels, upcoming channels » Dish TV India Ltd to launch Dish truHD+ (plus) at Rs 2,690

Dish Tru HD+ Pvr From Dishtv India

Happy with this news.

----------

Its similar to Solid DVR but difference is No FTA offering & cam available in Dish TV. Maybe thats true that they will make content only can play with the box which members discuss here it it is then its sad news.

Another Question how they will arrange DVR button for non dvr remote after upgrade software? funny laga.

Existing customers have to send some sort of SMS...from their registered mobile no. and they will get a DVR remote for a cost of 300 Rs...I stil don't understand about STB..i have a TruHD connection...will they replace current STB with new one for free...!!i gotta make some calls.. 😕

Maybe there will a usb socket & if it then u need only new DVR remote I guess.

Can Dish TV software offer dual recording? Any hardware changes needed for it? Or only software upgrade is enough. Thk u