Zee DishTV truHD PLUS launched - PVR with external HDD at no extra cost!

• Thread starter Thread starter agantuk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 17,543
You have to replace your STB...with the new TruHD plus...and also have to buy a new remote for 300 Rs..The hardware replacement is free of cost for HD customers...i dunno for regular customers....!!The software upgrade has already been made to me...i guess all the HD customers...!!

Nice info thanks.Did u find that DVR allows to customer records two programs at a time?They dont advt about this anywhere, where I can get info about this?Thanks.

You have to replace your STB...with the new TruHD plus...and also have to buy a new remote for 300 Rs..
The hardware replacement is free of cost for HD customers...i dunno for regular customers....!!

The software upgrade has already been made to me...i guess all the HD customers...!!

Ok Hardware change is mandatory for that. Maybe for two cables from dish. Check that they really changed the box for two cables

another question to you that is there mandatory to all hd customer to subscribe only among hd pack?

Thanks.

I saw it's ad yesterday.

Here is the update for DVR services...I talked one of the CC guys..The USB slot is present in the current STBs of HD customers....I don't know about SD customers..I have been provided with the software upgrade already for DVR purposes...You can Record upto 50 mins...then you have again start a new record after that interval of time..!!External HDD is not supported....I actually had to connect my HDD to the STB and Mobile OTG..to give additional supply..so that it gets connected...!! 😕You should have min. 500 Rs balance in your account...while enabling DVR services....one time charges of Rs. 300 will be deducted for buying a new DVR type remote...

That 50 minutes thing, is it only for the older STBs or even for those who buy new? It is pretty ridiculous IMO

Here is the update for DVR services...I talked one of the CC guys..
The USB slot is present in the current STBs of HD customers....I don't know about SD customers..
I have been provided with the software upgrade already for DVR purposes...You can Record upto 50 mins...then you have again start a new record after that interval of time..!!
External HDD is not supported....I actually had to connect my HDD to the STB and Mobile OTG..to give additional supply..so that it gets connected...!! 😕

You should have min. 500 Rs balance in your account...while enabling DVR services....one time charges of Rs. 300 will be deducted for buying a new DVR type remote...

It seems unfair policy by Dish TV according to my opinion. I had read that there is limitation on HDD size for recording facility. Dont remember now. Mentioned in their website page's faq section. 500 Rs. balance is over statement. What u say? I was thinking to upgrade to HD+ but now I dont. Other thing is subscriber cant play recording content on other device rather he / she cant play it with another HD+ box. U need the box which u used record a content on same HDD / storage device. This is reason to deny upgrade to HD+.

U didnt mention does HD+ allow user dual recording?

Thanks.

i think its a fair deal..they are providing those services for free..as a free upgrade..what more do you want.. 😕If you want... you just have to spend 300 bucks...

Another S**t product from dish tv. Worst CC in India. In Sab Ke Sir Par Bhoot Savar Hai....:no:

valcaccording to you subscriber ke a/c me 500 rs. to hona chahie. Means u need to subscribe higher pack each time. I am a d2h DVR user & I subscribe for basic pack of Rs. 165 with DVR facility. Is there mandatory to subscribe hd pack each time for HD subscribers? Its unfair.Upgrade for free is admiring thing. No issue of that. Clapping for that.

valc

according to you subscriber ke a/c me 500 rs. to hona chahie. Means u need to subscribe higher pack each time. I am a d2h DVR user & I subscribe for basic pack of Rs. 165 with DVR facility. Is there mandatory to subscribe hd pack each time for HD subscribers? Its unfair.

Upgrade for free is admiring thing. No issue of that. Clapping for that.

When you activate the DVR service..you should have min. 500 Rs. balance...One time Thing....from that you will be charged 300 Rs. for buying remote and activating the DVR service

The main use of recording facility is to record another channel while watching current channel. Without Dual LNB, this wont be possible. Dish TV does not have that.

ok thanks. U upgrade to DVR? If u did & u didnt get two cables from dish then its clear that its not dual recorder.

The main use of recording facility is to record another channel while watching current channel. Without Dual LNB, this wont be possible. Dish TV does not have that.

HD users do have a dual tracking LNBC...!!
SD users have a single tracking LNBC

----------

ok thanks. U upgrade to DVR? If u did & u didnt get two cables from dish then its clear that its not dual recorder.

I didn't upgrade as of now...my software has been upgraded to recording features....But imm gonna hold on for a while..lets see whats there next move....
I mean introducing 5 new channels...DVR services for free...even they have given 3 new regional channels...Whats NeXt... 🙂

Dish Tv is positioning its Dish Tv recorder Dish TruHD+ as a good cost effective product in the DVR category, the truth is very different. The concept of having a HD STB with external hard drive (called DVR lite) is a sub-optimal product for someone who wants to enjoy the real DVR features. It does not score on both cost effectiveness and functionality as compared to the HD DVR set top box.

You have to buy USB drives as well as a DVR remote. This entails additional high costs. The recording feature is heavily compromised on a DVR Lite because of the following reasons:

[*]The flash drive has to be always connected to the STB for future recording to be enabled.
[*]A normal SD definition hindi movie with advertisements runs for more than 4 hours and needs more than 4 GB of storage space. Thus to download 20 hours content, the you need to purchase atleast a 32 GB flash drive that will cost more than Rs 1600 according to current market rates. Additional stortage of say 500 GB costs almost Rs 4000-7000.
[*]There is no automatic series based recording. Since the episodes will need to be recorded back to back ideally a dedicated flash drive will be required. Tremendous coordination will be required if the same USB drive needs to be plugged in daily at the same time. To record series a USB drive with a reasonable recording capacity will be recorded if the you intend to store and playback on a later day in the week
[*]Unlike the HD DVR which has a built-in hard disk supporting infinite no of program recordings and playbacks (Erase- Write cycles), flash drives support a limited no. erase write cycles post which they get spoilt. Hence, the flash drive will be able to handle a limited no. of recordings and playback
[*]The data stored on the drive can’t be read on any other STB or computer
[/list]
So Dish Tv’s offering Dish TruHD+ doesn’t look good at all. Its is not robust and comprehensive as a good HD DVR should be. I think you should consider all these factors before thinking of buying it.

So is it compulsory to have flash based drives attached?? If not then it looks quite good.....i mean u spend 3k and u get to record lots of stuff, and may be even connect it to ur PC to extract the recorded stuff! Another thing i want to know is the 50 mins thing....i didnt get that!